Rear cycle carrier (2 Viewers)

Jan 6, 2017
italy
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
i'm a newbie
I want to fix a rear cycle carrier to my 2009 Chausson Welcome WS, 6 metre, fixed rear double bed. Am thinking of a Fiamma Pro for 2 ebikes, each weighing 26kgs.
Any experience from members with same van, or general tips on fixing the carrier. Unlike newer vans, mine does not have any permanent fixings built in.
Thanks.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Do you have a towbar? Could use a towbar mounted rack without having to drill the back panel. Check weights though as those bikes are quite heavy.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Do you have a towbar? Could use a towbar mounted rack without having to drill the back panel. Check weights though as those bikes are quite heavy.

That’s what I have,a Thule towbar mounted rack,and takes two electric bikes no problem (y)

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I carry two E Bikes on my fiamma pro.Weight is the problem.Not on the rack but Depending on the height of the rack .Mine is at a reasonable hight but any higher and it would be a struggle. If i was starting afresh i would fit a towbar and use a Tuli bike rack.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
As already mentioned by others above, not only the weight on the back wall of the van but lifting a 26kg bike to probably around shoulder height can be a limiting factor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jan 6, 2017
italy
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
i'm a newbie
Thanks for the input everyone. I was thinking of perhaps the model Pro C which is more compact than the Pro and fitting fairly low down to do away with high heavy lifting of the bikes. I do not have a tow hitch.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Remove batteries and that will reduce the load considerable... depending on size up to 5kg each !

We also have a Thule tow-ball rack for 2 e-bikes.. it's so much easier than the lifting even lighter pedal cycles onto a Fiamma rack on the wall which we had previously .

I would be very wary fitting a rack on the back wall with 50kg of bikes .. , it will need bolts with spreader plates inside..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back