Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not a good idea at all, IMO. You can already elect to receive an email; you also get the bell icon light up.
Only sensible use case is for the op to be able to selects replies are pushed to him (eg if you have a jammed imobliser and need urgent help, or a medical emergency abroad that needs translating).
The assumption that all posts are so incredibly important they need to be forced in front of you is, in my book, incorrect.

Jeez... No one is forcing anything on you. Just turn it off if you don't find it useful.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
No thanks.

All push requests denied.

Happy to dip in when I want too, not on demand.

Cheers

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Turned all notifications off cos I can't find anywhere on the forum settings to turn the bloody thing off....10 minutes and I'd had enough.

Found the setting and turned it OFF....for ever.

John, You don't have to turn all the settings off, just disable push.

If push notifications are annoying anyone, it's probably because you are on site anyway and have no need for them, or have them turned on for everything. You can choose what you'd like to be informed about in real time here Broken Link Removed. Scroll down and just uncheck push on any alert you don't want.

You should only have them turned on for things you really want to know about, then they can be very useful.

You can turn push on only for someone asking a question about your classified ad, or only if someone mentions you on the forum. If you are away from the forum this real-time info can be very handy.

If you have no need for it, no need to vent, just turn it off. Some people are moaning like i just took a pee against your windbreak :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Okay. So I tried allowing notifications.
Don't like it or need it.
So how do I turn it off?
Go into your account Jev, then click on "preferences", and untick all the notifications boxes. There are an awful lot of them. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So what is a 'Push notification'?
I thought it was when you tell someone you are about to 'push' (punch) them if they don't go away! :giggle:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I thought it was when you tell someone you are about to 'push' (punch) them if they don't go away! :giggle:
I thought it was something like swipe right 👉

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think will be good for the times when one has asked for help and need to know if a helpful funster has replied. Also maybe useful for those selling items in classified.
Not got it yet as on IOS but would normally be off I think.
Good to enforce it on for those newbies who come on asking for help and get loads of replies but never come back !

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Jim - don't work too hard on making it work for iphones please :giggler:
Sue

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
It’s a 👍 from me. Push notifications can be read without opening an app and they don’t clutter up your inbox.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back