Pressure washer (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Just about to order a cordless pressure washer for the van and was wondering which one other members use? I have a full blown mains washer, however, too cumbersome for regular outings and the risk of using too high a pressure, was also wondering if a foamer was a useful addition. Txs.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
All down to the operator if you don’t know what you are doing don’t do it!!

Have a Worx cordless but when at home I have a new Karcher K4 and it’s pretty powerful.
I snow foam and shampoo with it but turn the nozzle down when rinsing apart from a little bit of water coming in above the Hab door never had any water inside.

Pretty sure driving through rain at 60+mph is more of a test for the decals and seals😁

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
All down to the operator if you don’t know what you are doing don’t do it!!

Have a Worx cordless but when at home I have a new Karcher K4 and it’s pretty powerful.
I snow foam and shampoo with it but turn the nozzle down when rinsing apart from a little bit of water coming in above the Hab door never had any water inside.

Pretty sure driving through rain at 60+mph is more of a test for the decals and seals
60 + what Mr CC. Know all about your right foot 🫣😜

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
I have the
18V ONE+™ HP Cordless Brushless 41Bar Power Washer
I find it very useful. Batteries also work with my other tools. Lasts a sensible time too with the 4ah bay
It’s not to powerful to do any any damage but powerful enough to do the job of assisting my cleaning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
a few weeks back i bought the Lidl version it lasted all of 10 minutes. so have difficulty reccomending it.
havent been able to come to terms in deciding whether to buy another one or not.
I have the Aldo one, had it three years. I use it a lot for graffiti removal and never had a problem with it. About 20psi I think.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Why be nervous about power washing, take advantage of being able to redesign you decals. With a little determination you could :wasntme:redesign your van by removing some or all of your decals. Start afresh with your own designs, they might be successful.:worried:

Upvote 0

Quantric

Free Member
Aug 8, 2022
Waterlooville, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Started Feb 2022
One point to make. We all know what weathering is, when the weather ages things. Basically that's what a pressure washer can to your paint work. Also forcing it's way into parts that the actual weather would never get too. Brushes and a bit of effort never hurt anyone.

Upvote 0

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Just about to order a cordless pressure washer for the van and was wondering which one other members use? I have a full blown mains washer, however, too cumbersome for regular outings and the risk of using too high a pressure, was also wondering if a foamer was a useful addition. Txs.
I would Never use a pressure washer on my van, I normally use a hosepipe, when using the car washes abroad because they only have pressure washer types I do use them But I stand well back from the van so that it only gets the weak end of the spray to rinse the soap off,
Pressure washers damage the seals and force the water into every nook and cranny.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would Never use a pressure washer on my van, I normally use a hosepipe, when using the car washes abroad because they only have pressure washer types I do use them But I stand well back from the van so that it only gets the weak end of the spray to rinse the soap off,
Pressure washers damage the seals and force the water into every nook and cranny.
Slightly contradictory post ;) you say you would never use a pressure washer on your van and then go on to describe how you use one (sensibly) when abroad.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I found that the garden hose with a Draper nozzle attachment gives more pressure for washing the PVC than the Worx Hydrashot does. It isn't a true pressure washer like the 230V corded ones. I would call it a power washer you can use with a bucket.

My main use for the Worx one is with the optional bottle attachment so I can rinse off bird poo quickly and without hassle.

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I have a number of Makita cordless tools - so bought a Makita pressure washer unit and utilise the same batteries/ charger. Good quality and sufficient for giving the motorhome a wash when touring in the EU. It can be connected to a mains water tap via standard hose/tap connectors and/or fed via a short hose from a bucket of soapy water in the first instance. I also take my Makita hand held vacuum cleaner and a tyre inflator with us. They are brilliant and the vacuum cleaner runs forever off a full battery.

if you plan to build up a range of cordless units it is worth thinking about which manufacturer you will choose initially - such as Makita, Bosch, DeWalt etc as the batteries and charger are normally the expensive part. Thereafter, the base units are relatively cheap. At home, I have the usual range of Makita cordless stuff like, drills, saws, etc. which I have built up over time as a keen DIY person.
You don’t work for makita do you ;-) ??

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Best thing, wait for a day like today, [ raining] miserable to do, but no rinsing required, just make sure you have a really stable step ladder for the roof area, and one of those telescopic poles to help reach across the van roof, and the bucket of detergent on the floor.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The ones we used to use were 40,000psi, mind you there were for hydro demolishing concrete so may have also stopped paint 😂 ( We did actually strip more modern non lead paint with them occasionally aswell)

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That’s amazing, I haven’t seen a cordless one that can go above 650 psi, my Karcher might, however, not seen a cordless in this range
Well, it is portable but rather heavy...... It's petrol powered.

I was pointing out I would never let a pressure washer anywhere near a motorhome

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The ones we used to use were 40,000psi, mind you there were for hydro demolishing concrete so may have also stopped paint 😂 ( We did actually strip more modern non lead paint with them occasionally aswell)
That sounds pretty dangerous to be fair ;) wash your boots off at the end of the day and cut your toes off :LOL:

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Have come across this a few times over the years, first was a 30m dia final settlement tank in a sewage works that had lifted and they cut the base out to expose the rebar.
They had a mini digger with an attachment on the end for that.
Second time a bridge abutment what had been built wrong so 100+ cube of concrete had to be cut out and leaving the rebar😁
Very dangerous bits of kit for sure and expensive 😳😳

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Argggg don’t say pressure washer, I just spent 3 days pressure washing my yard, my Moho my car, my villa and anything in the yard…. Argggghhhhh my poor back..

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Pressure washers are handy..
But if you have a lot of paving to do, and have blackspot or algae try
Sodium hypochlorite (black spot general grime)
And wet and forget for algae green crap.

Spray em and leave em..work a treat

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Pressure washers are handy..
But if you have a lot of paving to do, and have blackspot or algae try
Sodium hypochlorite (black spot general grime)
And wet and forget for algae green crap.

Spray em and leave em..work a treat
Ceramic tiles, dirty rain, hate it..

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF 2016
Resurrecting this thread as I have just bought this year's Lidl cordless pressure washer.
Will try to remember to report back.
First brief test.
Seems to work OK from water in a bucket.
Nothing spectacular.

Seems pretty good on a hose from an outside tap.
First impression is that it is nearly as good as a mains pressure washer.
However the trigger doesn't quite shut off the water flow when you release it.
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.

I had the bigger battery - 4Ah - and it lasted a while, but not enough for a major job.
I messed about washing some paving, then washed about half a car, and then it died on me.
I have a 2Ah battery as well so could probably managed a reasonable size clean.
My main aim is to use it with a bucket on the roof of the MH.
Also to see if the foamer helps at all.
We shall see.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back