LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have recently put the popit sim in a Huawei router in the van, internet access is great BUT some things stopped working as follows,

Facebook would not open/login but I seem to have sorted that now.

Messenger doesn't work right.

Youtube videos on the forum or in FB won't display but if I copy the address to a new window they will.

Twitter quotes on the forum don't display.

Somebody else was logged on to my WiFi and they couldn't get instagram to work.

If I connect the laptop to my phone as a hot spot or disconnect my phone from WiFi and just use data everything is OK so the laptop and phone are OK it just seems that the new popit sim is causing the problems.

Any ideas anybody?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just to add, I was going to say that Eddies "is racism ever acceptable" video is an example as it won't play so I went to it to get a screen shot and blow me it is working.

I is confused ;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It will be the parental controls stopping it.

PRENTAL CONTROLS NOT ABLE TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA AND MESSENGER APPS?

This will be due to the default Strict Data policy in Parental Controls. To change this login to My Popit, select My Sims. Click show/change and scroll down. there you will find Parental Controls. Select which level you prefer and click change. You will receive a text and give it 30 mins turn your phone on and off and you will be able to use the social media apps.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
does the popit sim work correctly in your phone?
It may be your router
Not tried it in the phone.

This will be due to the default Strict Data policy in Parental Controls. To change this login to My Popit, select My Sims. Click show/change and scroll down. there you will find Parental Controls. Select which level you prefer and click change. You will receive a text and give it 30 mins turn your phone on and off and you will be able to use the social media apps.
Thanks Lenny (y) makes sense I guess but had been looking all over the computer for controls as the popit app is so slow and clunky I was leaving that to last;) it seems to be learning anyway as things were starting to work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 13, 2021
Oxford, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria 600 SPB
Exp
Since 2021

Many thanks Lenny, been tearing my hair out here in Spain trying to figure out the cause of these same issues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back