Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We are planning our next trip.
Crossing to Dieppe and the plan is to drive up to the Netherlands and see the tulips then Germany and Poland. We plan to visit Auschwitz . I am trying to get my head around the Polish Toll charges. We are 3.85t so it gets into the realms of lorry charges and this seems to mean registering and getting a toll tag which if I’m honest I am getting confused about.
Has anyone any experience of driving there.
The alternative is to avoid the tolls which we mostly do in France and Spain.
Plans not finalised of where we would visit after Poland.
Any input gratefully received.
Thanks
Graham

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We are planning our next trip.
Crossing to Dieppe and the plan is to drive up to the Netherlands and see the tulips then Germany and Poland. We plan to visit Auschwitz . I am trying to get my head around the Polish Toll charges. We are 3.85t so it gets into the realms of lorry charges and this seems to mean registering and getting a toll tag which if I’m honest I am getting confused about.
Has anyone any experience of driving there.
The alternative is to avoid the tolls which we mostly do in France and Spain.
Plans not finalised of where we would visit after Poland.
Any input gratefully received.
Thanks
Graham
Graham

The toll system is explained here

https://etoll.gov.pl/ (English available)

However, even though the explanation starts off with 'the only tag system.....', which is true there are some toll roads, e.g. A2, A4, parts of which can still be paid at kiosks because they were built under an old contract which has not expired, but there is also an e-Toll tag lane.

Until recently you could have travelled from the German border near Gorlitz to Auschwitz on the A4 just paying at the kiosks but now the first part of that A4 is under the e-Toll system requiring a tag.

You would need the tag for some main roads other than M/ways - see map on the link above.

The system works on GPS, rather than machines on gantries, so relying on the system knowing which road your vehicle is on. It means they can extend it to other roads without needing infrastructure - sneaky eh?

If your MH looks as though it could be under 3500kg and is UK registered you could 'wing it', because I do not know if they have cameras monitoring, and if so whether they have a link to DVLA - I suspect not. We are Polish registered so easier to track and have an e-Toll tag.

I hope this helps, but is about the limit of my knowledge.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
https://etoll.gov.pl/en/
few years ago just got a toll tag from office just off motorway , you preload with value in Zlotys , some roads you had to pay at toll booths but others just auto deduct not very costly even with a 12 ton US RV . :)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
https://etoll.gov.pl/en/
few years ago just got a toll tag from office just off motorway , you preload with value in Zlotys , some roads you had to pay at toll booths but others just auto deduct not very costly even with a 12 ton US RV . :)

That was the old Via-Toll tag(gantry operated) which has been replaced by the e-Toll tag(GPS operated).

As explained in post #3 e-Toll has lanes even at toll booths.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back