Piano (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I took up the Harmonica, can knockout a tune that I recognise, not sure anyone else does though. Like anything practice practice practice and after awhile it falls into place. My main problem is remembering where I am in the tune. It amazes me when you watch someone playing a really complicate piece without music is how they remember it.

I also made an electric 3 string cigar box guitar that is great fun.

I like watching this guitarist.

And this Harmonica rendition of Bring him home.

Like the sound of the 3 string guitar was it from a kit?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Like the sound of the 3 string guitar was it from a kit?

The Wino I bought the neck kit and humbucker pickup from Chickenbone John HERE and the rest of the stuff good old fleabay. Loads on YouTube about building them it's really easy. They sound better going through an amp.

Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Yousician, use for learning guitar on my tablet/phone I think there’s a piano/keyboard section. Think you can try it for free.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I taught myself using the Klavarskribo notation...

JJ :cool:

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
If you learn on a keyboard with touch response keys, does this transfer to the piano, or are keyboard and piano always different?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
If you learn on a touch response but unweighted keyboard, your fingers will learn the 'harder/faster=louder' pattern which will transfer to the piano. There might be some initial confusion as you try to press the key harder once it's down to make it louder (doesn't work on a piano). The piano will also tire your fingers out initially until you get used to the weight of the hammer action, but you should be fine.

Best option is if you can get a weighted action digital keyboard, something like the Yamaha Clavinova series. They really are very close to a mechanical action piano.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back