Overnight stopping point in the Warminster/Shepton Mallet area (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
Hi All

So we'll be travelling up from Lymington area on 6th (ready for Shepton Mallet show) and need to overnight (free!!?) in safe layby/THS please

Our route is A362/A361 so somewhere around Warminster would be good - we have dog so somewhere safe for her to walk/exercise would be brilliant - i.e. not somewhere directly beside main road :unsure:

All recommendations greatly received and see you all on 7th

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Apps and websites like Searchforsites and park4night may give suggestions.

Realistically any free overnight type spots within striking distance of a showground the night before a motorhome show will be ramped. So many want to be close by so they can be queuing as the gates open. Apart perhaps for the disability pitches that makes little difference to your weekend spot, and given the show won't open till Friday, all you'll be doing Thursday is sitting around until the evening entertainment may start.

Personally, from Lymington, I'd drive the whole distance on the Thursday morning.

OP
OP
Wightman
Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
Apps and websites like Searchforsites and park4night may give suggestions.

Realistically any free overnight type spots within striking distance of a showground the night before a motorhome show will be ramped. So many want to be close by so they can be queuing as the gates open. Apart perhaps for the disability pitches that makes little difference to your weekend spot, and given the show won't open till Friday, all you'll be doing Thursday is sitting around until the evening entertainment may start.

Personally, from Lymington, I'd drive the whole distance on the Thursday morning.
Thank you so much for reply - did think there might be a problem

Booked ferry for the 6th so can't change now

Will see if anything turns up on those sites

Many thanks

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I'd have suggested Cartgate TA14 6RA as well unless you are a very light sleeper

1693565712098.png

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I also stayed outside bath and
West showground and that’s one of the few times I have been ‘ disturbed ‘ during the nite .let’s face it lay byes or wilding you always take a chance

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun