Older owners Adria CSDL how to put up a drive away awning (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
:hiya2: w2f

Depends.

Do you have a wind out awning fitted to the van or just a fixed awning rail.?

There are two sizes of beading that go into the groove in the cassette rail. 4mm and 6mm.

What size is the connecting tape on the awning? If 4mm then it will go directly into the cassette. If 6mm it might not and you need to buy a kit of a Kador strip and figure of eight connecting strips.

If the awning will go directly into the cassette, wind out the awning about a metre, slide the awning strip into the awning and position it front to back where you want it.
Wind the awning back in. Peg out the drive away awning.

Whether you pre-erect the drive away or attach it unelected depends on your preference.

If you need a Kador strip it is as above but insert the Kador in between the van and drive away.

There are two types of Kador. One will be 6mm and 6mm. The one we use is 6mm one side and 4mm the other. This is because our wind out awning only has a 4mm C channel in it.

Easy when you know how.šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If the attachment rail is on the wind out awning, wind it down, attach the tunnel strip, wind it back up.
Different van and awning but using this and my trusty steps I can put our blow up Vango up on my own.
Never tried our poled one on my own but it went up in a similar manner so am sure i would have managed that 70+ and 5'
We also have a rail on the home garage did a practice run with new awning before exposing our efforts to the general public.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
As above. How do 2 x 70+ women get a drive away awning into a tall CSDL?
Go on, tell us the punch line ... I do love a funny joke .... šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hmmm! But thanks for helpful advice.
Hi welcome

Ignore the cheeky replies, they are harmless really šŸ˜

If you donā€™t have a wind out awning that fits your connection strip, or you have no awning rail at all then you may need to us throw over straps which go over the roof of the van and peg down the other side.

Ps; do you have any form of awning rail?

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
After many years of talking to customers at motorhome shows I can tell you that 9 out of 10 people whe buy one regret buying a drive away awning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I must be the 1 in 10 who loves their's admit we have never driven away, but the tunnel is great for storage, bikes, using remoska outside when weather is poor and the awning itself holds 3 camp beds and 3 big grandsons, win win
We also take a quest screen house, for relaxing and dining. Now take the quest only when going abroad, but no regrets at all for buying the blow up.
Oh and we had gone to the show to buy a new table šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back