NoCry moisture meter - need instructions for modes please! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Can't help but I wouldn't use that type of meter on a Motorhome, you need a non invasive type.
Thaks for the warning. I should have said its used for testing building walls but the various modes adjust the readout for wood / stone concrete / plaster etc and I cant remember which one is which. It would be damaging to use it on a motorhome or caravan

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Have you looked on manufacturer website, they usually have manuals online, usually at the bottom of the psge.
I've also found websites, where people have posted copies of manuals, bit like wikipedia for manuals, but they take some looking for.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Have you looked on manufacturer website, they usually have manuals online, usually at the bottom of the psge.
I've also found websites, where people have posted copies of manuals, bit like wikipedia for manuals, but they take some looking for.
I have searched through the site with no luck

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Can't help but I wouldn't use that type of meter on a Motorhome, you need a non invasive type.
CamperUK use the ones with prongs. They informed me the prongless ones give false readings.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Very bad practice, perhaps they show up damp they don't want to know about. :giggle:
They said it can pick up any metal in the structure giving false readings. I found the same when i used my pin-less and pinned monitors.
As they are the ones doing my annual Burstner damp warranty monitoring, we have to go with what they are using to check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They said it can pick up any metal in the structure giving false readings. I found the same when i used my pin-less and pinned monitors.
As they are the ones doing my annual Burstner damp warranty monitoring, we have to go with what they are using to check.
But what if they leave pin holes everywhere, I wouldn't be happy with that.
One advantage I have is with an aluminium internal wall they can only do a visual check but still take the piss on charging for it.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

Non invasive certainty do pick up metal.

So on our MH I do the damp checks around this time every year, on a warm dry day and use a chart of the areas which have metal behind them. Therefore I can spot any area which has an increased moisture reading year on year.

That would be difficult on a vehicle I was not familiar with, so in that situation I'd use the non invasive and if any high reading areas were found double check them with a pin type.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I've got them!

In the end I emailed the company and asked for a PDF which was sent to me within a couple of hours.

Thanks everyone for your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back