Newbie here with LHD Hobby T500 - Tips on pros, cons and usage? (1 Viewer)

PlacidoD

Free Member
Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Have just got the V5 on a 2007 reg T500. It is on SORN and remains with the dealer for this month as I have no time to use it. Van is in 1st class order and looks nothing like its age.
Tips on things to watch for and avoid in use from present or past owners would be appreciated!

My choice of LHD is deliberate. I have toured Europe by motorbike for over 15 years and my son and family live in Switzerland. So I wanted a van that would give me stress free holidays the other side of the Channel.

For safety in the UK I am fitting a lorry type 4 camera system which will give me the view of a RHD driver to make overtaking safer (Only pull out when the camera says it is safe to do so and then only enough to give me an eyeball check before beginning my overtaking manoeuvre). And in any event much of my journeying in the UK will be on dual carriageway (From my home near Bolton to the Newhaven ferry is dual carriageway for all but circa 20 miles.)

This is my first post but I will have lots of questions!!

Chris

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Hi and welcome from Scotland 👍😁
Also drive a lhd van Possl 2 win no problems driving in the uk apart from left turns at a junction if driving solo! Just position yourself better for looking right and make sure any side window blind is open for safety😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Welcome. I'm just adjusting to our first RHD having had LHDs since the mid 90s. Admittedly we did live in Germany, but we have owned two LHDs in the UK, with no problems. The only issue to watch out for in a LHD in UK really, is roundabouts and keeping an eye on the traffic on the roundabout.

Oct 9, 2021
Penrith, Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer t568sl
Been driving a lhd hymer in UK for 4 years covered over 10000m as said before if u are on your own just be a bit more careful especially when entering junctions and roundabouts.the wife has been known to flinch once or twice on narrow roads Especially when u get a log waggon coming around a blind bend in middle of the road but no damage .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back