New Truma boiler (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I was hoping for the best but a text from the repair guy today confirms that my boiler is not repairable. Parts for mine were seemingly discontinued in 2007. It was a Truma C3402. Electric and gas water heater with gas only blown air. It still works but is becoming a bit of a faff to get it lit and running lately.

So has anyone fitted a new boiler recently? Any recommendations? I'm happy enough with my refillable gas system so thinking of just replacing like for like although I did wonder about changing over to a diesel heater. I'm aware it is going to be pricey.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I was hoping for the best but a text from the repair guy today confirms that my boiler is not repairable. Parts for mine were seemingly discontinued in 2007. It was a Truma C3402. Electric and gas water heater with gas only blown air. It still works but is becoming a bit of a faff to get it lit and running lately.

So has anyone fitted a new boiler recently? Any recommendations? I'm happy enough with my refillable gas system so thinking of just replacing like for like although I did wonder about changing over to a diesel heater. I'm aware it is going to be pricey.

From our very own RogerIvy & nigelivy

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Have you spoken to Truma themselves at Derby? I had my Truma C6002 boiler overhauled by them in 2018/19, for a few hundred quid.

Address: 2000 Park La/Dove Valley Pk, Derby DE65 5BG

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30 am Fri

Phone: 01283 587900

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Have you spoken to Truma themselves at Derby? I had my Truma C6002 boiler overhauled by them in 2018/19, for a few hundred quid.

Address: 2000 Park La/Dove Valley Pk, Derby DE65 5BG

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30 am Fri

Phone: 01283 587900

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Not spoke to them myself. I'll give them a try in the morning. It's an old boiler so kinda thought it might be time for a new one but I'll see what the say.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
One problem you may encounter is the new models sit horizontally as opposed to vertically so space may be an issue.
I had issues with my C3402 which were very quickly resolved by AR Electronics at Cannock. What a guy! I stood alongside him as he worked and he explained everything to me as he went along.
Notwithstanding fitting new will probably push towards a 2K bill.

Let us know how you get on /resolve 😜

Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
My experience with Truma has not been positive unless I wanted them to install a brand-new boiler.
Whenever I've contacted them for support, they've shown very little interest, especially with older boilers, even if we've just asked for advice on troubleshooting an issue. As soon as their products are "obsolete," Truma is not interested in providing any form of support or advice other than "you should replace the boiler with a new one".

That's mainly why RogerIvy opted to install a JP Heater. There are potential risks to a "knockoff," but so far, JP has been much more responsive than Truma in terms of support and the experiement has paid off, so far.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
My experience with Truma has not been positive unless I wanted them to install a brand-new boiler.
Whenever I've contacted them for support, they've shown very little interest, especially with older boilers, even if we've just asked for advice on troubleshooting an issue. As soon as their products are "obsolete," Truma is not interested in providing any form of support or advice other than "you should replace the boiler with a new one".

That's mainly why RogerIvy opted to install a JP Heater. There are potential risks to a "knockoff," but so far, JP has been much more responsive than Truma in terms of support and the experiement has paid off, so far.
I phoned them this morning and a rather abrupt lady pretty much told me that 2 staff are on holiday and 1 hasn't turned up yet so I should email them instead :giggle:

I did, so I shall await their reply.

I think I am swaying more towards sticking with a gas boiler (if mine can't be fixed of course) everything is there so if I can find the right one (size wise) it should be an easier job, even though fitting the diesel one doesn't look particularly difficult on the previously posted video.

Not just Truma that present issues with obsolete parts, it happens every where and is no more than a money grabbing tactic. I guess that's a whole different conversation though.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I phoned them this morning and a rather abrupt lady pretty much told me that 2 staff are on holiday and 1 hasn't turned up yet so I should email them instead :giggle:

I did, so I shall await their reply.

I think I am swaying more towards sticking with a gas boiler (if mine can't be fixed of course) everything is there so if I can find the right one (size wise) it should be an easier job, even though fitting the diesel one doesn't look particularly difficult on the previously posted video.

Not just Truma that present issues with obsolete parts, it happens every where and is no more than a money grabbing tactic. I guess that's a whole different conversation though.

There are pros and cons but if the cost to fit a new one is about the same for each, and you have enough leisure battery capacity to cope with the high start-up current, then Truma's diesel boiler would be my recommendation. You might also gain storage in your gas locker and a bit of extra payload because you could find that you only need one gas bottle not two. Food for thought.

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
If I was “forced” to install a new boiler I’d definitely go for diesel.
…which is what I did.

I still have my underslung tank which is only for my hob and external bbq, I guess I’ll be looking for a LPG filling point every two years 😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
If I was “forced” to install a new boiler I’d definitely go for diesel.
…which is what I did.

I still have my underslung tank which is only for my hob and external bbq, I guess I’ll be looking for a LPG filling point every two years 😎
Yeah I'll admit I'm coming round to the idea of a diesel heater. Still to hear back from Truma regarding getting my current one fixed so it's on hold at the moment.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Truma confirm that no parts are available for this boiler and my only option is to replace it.

I'll make do for a while seen as we're getting in to a bit better weather then have to see about getting a new model fitted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back