LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Whoosh Bang
Exp
Since 2009
There is a new AHC provider in Scotland called Pawsome Pet Travel offering a £99 service within the Glasgow, Central Belt, Edinburgh area.
I have no personal knowledge or experience of their service but thought it might be useful for some folks on here.

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Thank you for the info. Its an interesting model, they come and visit you in the evening or weekend and scan the pets chip and issue the certificate rather than you having to visit them.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Just a wee resurrection of the thread, has anyone used them looking to get over the water in September. Usually use our own vets but this works out cheaper.
Thanks.
Kenny

Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner 😊
Has anyone on here actually used them yet?
I’d want a recommendation before trying them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Hi, just had Paul here tonight from Pawsome Pet Travel with Ollys AHC for our trip next week really straightforward and simple.
I contacted him about 4 weeks ago and sent the photos of his rabies injection dates from his old eu passport that they requested as proof of vaccination status. Paul contacted me back requesting the £99 payment and then arranged a date to visit me to sign it and scan Ollys microchip.
He informed me that they keep the copies for 3 years and if you use them again it is £59 and he completes the form with the updated vaccinations if applicable and sends you the AHC for your signature.
You then take a photo of your signature on the page and send him it back without the need for a visit.
Would definitely recommend them for the ease of getting the AHC and the saving of a few quid.
Kenny.

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I contacted the service via email to ask about his practice - as nothing was shown on the website other than email and mobile phone contact.

Paul wrote back. He is the Head Vet at the University of Glasgow Pet Practice and has set this service up himself as a mobile, at-home business.The business is set up as a limited company, has appropriate insurance as required by the VDS ( Veterinary Defence Society). His RCVS Registration Number is 6426626 and his company (Pawsome Pet Travel Ltd) registration number is SC718727 with Companies House.

I live local to the University Pet Practice and whilst I do not use it directly, I know of its existence and he is indeed the Head Vet in the Practice. The practice is an adjunct to the University of Glasgow Small Animal Hospital

Haven’t used his service yet - but intend to do so for my next excursion into the EU. I have used the Abbeywell practice in Folkestone (on which I suspect he may have modelled his service). As the AHC is valid for outward travel up to 10 days following issue, his service will be more convenient for me - giving plenty of time to travel south to cross the channel.

Hope this is helpful.
Jim

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I contacted the service via email to ask about his practice - as nothing was shown on the website other than email and mobile phone contact.

Paul wrote back. He is the Head Vet at the University of Glasgow Pet Practice and has set this service up himself as a mobile, at-home business.The business is set up as a limited company, has appropriate insurance as required by the VDS ( Veterinary Defence Society). His RCVS Registration Number is 6426626 and his company (Pawsome Pet Travel Ltd) registration number is SC718727 with Companies House.

I live local to the University Pet Practice and whilst I do not use it directly, I know of its existence and he is indeed the Head Vet in the Practice. The practice is an adjunct to the University of Glasgow Small Animal Hospital

Haven’t used his service yet - but intend to do so for my next excursion into the EU. I have used the Abbeywell practice in Folkestone (on which I suspect he may have modelled his service). As the AHC is valid for outward travel up to 10 days following issue, his service will be more convenient for me - giving plenty of time to travel south to cross the channel.

Hope this is helpful.
Jim
Yes he was saying last night he was friendly with the people at Abbywell, so as you say has modelled the business on theirs.
Not complaining as it gives us in the Central belt an option for an AHC. 👌

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back