Nationwide Flex Plus European Breakdown cover. (1 Viewer)

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Just received an email from Nationwide inviting me to upgrade my Flex account to Flex Plus.

Being one to carefully check the small print I noticed there is no cover what so ever for the transport of any animals in Europe. As dog owners this is a deal breaker for us.

We used to be covered by Flex Plus and they used to say transport was "at the discretion of the recovery driver" but this reads as a blanket ban. So be careful if you are travelling with pets on the continent.

Screenshot_20240306-133425.png

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks for pointing that out . That's a bit of issue for us!

Reactions: JRT

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
If being transported to a garage, would a taxi be out of the question? For repatriation a hire car following the van? Don’t think there are many breakdown companies that transport pets? Or does someone know differently?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
If being transported to a garage, would a taxi be out of the question? For repatriation a hire car following the van? Don’t think there are many breakdown companies that transport pets? Or does someone know differently?

Red Pennant do. Or they always have in the past, I haven't checked for this year yet.

I believe some will require the pet to remain in the vehicle being recovered or will be carried in cab at the discretion of the driver which is what Flex Plus used to say.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back