N10 speeding fines, has anybody had one (1 Viewer)

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
just a quick one, we’ve used the N10 today going north up as far as Vivonne.

Question is has anyone recently had a speeding fine, we’ve kept to 80kph all the way as over 3.5t but found it a bit too slow so wondered if it was for motorhomes or just HGV’s

cheers

Al 👍

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
May I ask when as i’ve heard communications between France and the UK have changed regarding information being passed

Al
Last week was the most recent...between midnight and early am...there was one of the flat and one on a downhill slower..but I have had them plenty more in the past.

Havent heard about the changes ,I'll remember that. I think it was a pre brexit thing that got quashed

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We must be just behind you, stopped for the night just south of Angouleme, on N10.
Basically I've been sticking with the trucks, all of whom are on their limiters (90kph) and slow down with them as we approached the cameras. TomTom gives me good warnings too.
I don't have Angles Mortes stickers so not advertising I'm over 3.5t
Done this over several trips, never had a ticket - yet!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I asked Google

No, currently France doesn't pass speeding fine information to UK authorities due to Brexit.

Before Brexit, there was an agreement in place to share this information. However, there is no replacement agreement as of today, March 24, 2024. This means you likely won't receive the fine unless you were pulled over by a police officer at the time of the offense.

It's important to note that France can still pursue the fine in other ways. They may contact the rental car company if you were driving a rental, and the company may then add a fee to your bill.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
From France.
Did it just come via post from uk source or french

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
The reciprocal cross border traffic enforcement arrangement with the EU ended when we left the EU.

The DVLA won't exchange vehicle keeper details with the French authorities and vice versa untill a new arrangement is put in place.

They will exchange details in the event of serious offence, not routine traffic offences though.

I triggered two French speed cameras last June (whilst being careless) and haven't heard anything since. They had something like 90 days to follow routine traffic offences up when the arrangement was in place.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
May I ask when as i’ve heard communications between France and the UK have changed regarding information being passed

Al

It has changed the law underpinning the arrangement has been revoked. I should point out I am not a lawyer but I did do a bit of digging about after our French trip last June.

Screenshot_20240324-183859.png

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The reciprocal cross border traffic enforcement arrangement with the EU ended when we left the EU.

The DVLA won't exchange vehicle keeper details with the French authorities and vice versa untill a new arrangement is put in place.

They will exchange details in the event of serious offence, not routine traffic offences though.

I triggered two French speed cameras last June (whilst being careless) and haven't heard anything since. They had something like 90 days to follow routine traffic offences up when the arrangement was in place.
Be aware that under a reciprocal agreement spain has full access to the dvla now.
hey had something like 90 days to follow routine traffic offences up when the arrangement was in place.
No the EU rules allow 12 months for any of the 'cross border ' offences ,of which there are eight & including speeding.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We must be just behind you, stopped for the night just south of Angouleme, on N10.
Basically I've been sticking with the trucks, all of whom are on their limiters (90kph) and slow down with them as we approached the cameras. TomTom gives me good warnings too.
I don't have Angles Mortes stickers so not advertising I'm over 3.5t
Done this over several trips, never had a ticket - yet!
Might be worth remembering, I think in France, you can get an on the spot fine for just possessing a TomTom that is capable of giving warnings even if your not using it?

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Be aware that under a reciprocal agreement spain has full access to the dvla now.

No the EU rules allow 12 months for any of the 'cross border ' offences ,of which there are eight & including speeding.

Cheers yes I was aware Spain were in discussions.

Do you have a link to the one year thing because I am sure when I looked it was definitely 90 days, but I can't find the info. now.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
just a quick one, we’ve used the N10 today going north up as far as Vivonne.

Question is has anyone recently had a speeding fine, we’ve kept to 80kph all the way as over 3.5t but found it a bit too slow so wondered if it was for motorhomes or just HGV’s

cheers

Al 👍
France is just a pain in the arse, they can not decide on a speed limit especially on the N10.
I am very surprised I have never had a ticket from them.
In fact France can not make a decision about anything 🤣

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Might be worth remembering, I think in France, you can get an on the spot fine for just possessing a TomTom that is capable of giving warnings even if your not using it?

I noticed last year when using Google Maps on my phone in France the speed camera warnings disappeared without my having to manually disable them.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
TomTom changed their displays so that no actual locations are shown. Instead they show a "danger area" covering a couple of kilometers. However the cameras are always around 750m beyond the warning signs so not difficult to spot.
Yeh yeh, I know, shouldn't be speeding anyway. Just tell that to every other driver of large vehicles.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I always avoid the the N10, not plesent with the huge number of Trucks in it prefer the A20.

TBH we only saw 3 large lorrie’s the whole time we were on the N10 which was for about 130/40km, and all 3 passed us 🤔.

I thought it was a good road but the slow travelling speed I wasn’t impressed with.

We are travelling to Honfleur tomorrow so and decent routes does anyone know of

That’s for all the replies so far btw 👍

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Yes you are correct, I take it you are speaking of your personal experience, bellends in every walk of life but I am not an expert in this field,
I have been to France many times (May I say not for pleasure but necessity)
Not my favourite place, but you can’t like everywhere🙂

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I believe I was clocked (I think around Brexit, but not too sure), by a hidden camera on a large high artic tractor unit parked on a disused airfield overlooking the RN 10. I checked the location from my dash cam, the details sent to me, and I did remember seeing the truck. 60 euros.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The section between Bordeaux And angouleme is for anything over 3.5t. the sign just states the limit so anything over that inc motorhomes. That's my understanding . The one that applied to HGV / commercial will have a picture of a truck on it.

I used to hit cameras and get flashed on motorways but I put that down to my height and have never received anything.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Is it in force do you know? I dont see that its been made legislation yet only presented?..i.e. can I expect a couple of tickets through my door from 10 days ago :LOL:
  • Directive (EU) 2015/413: This directive was adopted in March 2015 and is currently in force. It facilitates the exchange of information on road safety offences between EU member states.
  • Revision of Directive (EU) 2015/413: On March 12, 2024, the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament reached a provisional agreement on a proposal to revise the 2015 directive. This revision is not yet formally adopted or in effect.

• Current situation: The 2015 directive is in force for EU member states.
  • Future situation: The revised directive might bring stricter enforcement rules, but it's not yet finalized or implemented.
**** edit, it looks like they have 4 months to implement and agree from the date the embassy says yes to the provisional agreement.
This Agreement shall be provisionally applied, in full, including Articles 13 to 17, from a date to be agreed ("the date of full provisional application") by exchange of notes through diplomatic channels once the information exchange system provided for in Article 14 is operational. In the event the Agreement is not applied provisionally in full, within four months from the date of initial provisional application, initial provisional application under paragraph (a) of this Article shall terminate immediately.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back