Motor home engine turns over but won’t start,immobiliser light on.Fiat Ducati cab,15 years old (1 Viewer)

Jane Youd

Free Member
Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Brersner
motorhome turning over but won’t start,immobiliser light on.15 year old Bursner with Fiat Ducati cab

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do you have a spare key.. if so try that or hold it very close while you try to start with main key.
We once had an issue with a car and was the key that lost the immobilizer sync.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jane Youd

Free Member
Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Brersner
Do you have a spare key.. if so try that or hold it very close while you try to start with main key.
We once had an issue with a car and was the key that lost the immobilizer sync.
Thankyou,we have tried this

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
How about;
Sit in seat,
Put key int 'ole.
Turn key and wait for immobiliser (and all the others) to light.
Switch off and IMMEDIATELY turn back on
Watch to see if Immobiliser light goes out.
If it does, turn key further and turn engine over.
Can't find 'Fingers crossed' emoji.

From a Burstner owner.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
1648930476250.png

Our Apache stuck with ecu faults and being carried off for repair! They put the ignition key in place and switched as if 'on'. Left it for 1/2 to 3/4 hour and the ECU saw the key and it fired up again! Honestly...not a clue but it sorted it out!!

Kev

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
1999 Ducato - not sure how different to your system.
Immobiliser goes senile and the only cure is new fuel pump without the immobiliser circuit or bypass the immobiliser in engine compartment. Done it myself and know many others have too.
Don't know if it helps but message me for more info.

The offending parts - one in front of right knee inside dash and the other normally attached to fuel pump.
KEYCODE light on dash coming on whilst driving was first sign things were breaking down.

Screenshot_20220402-225010.pngScreenshot_20220402-224931.png

Upvote 1
Feb 6, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I had exactly the same in my Hymer fiat, a small box of tricks in the steering column had to be replaced, all in with labour Circa £600, also transported back to Uk as couldn’t be fixed in France for some reason.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I had exactly the same in my Hymer fiat, a small box of tricks in the steering column had to be replaced, all in with labour Circa £600, also transported back to Uk as couldn’t be fixed in France for some reason.
I think you dodged a bullet there.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that a repair invoice from France involves a four figure sum before the decimal point, regardless of the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
I had this happen to me last year ( it had on and off for a while been playing up) Tried all the ticks as people above, no joy . Phoned a local garage that specializes in vehicle electrics. Had to get it recovered to them, RAC came out somehow managed to start it . I got the garage to dis able the imobilser . Note to those that go this route you will need to inform your insurance company . Mine is a fiat ducato on the 2.00 jtd engine , 2003 year

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
try locking and unlocking the drivers door lock manually with the key....not the fob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2022
Near Norwich Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Rohil
Exp
2 yrs. 40 yrs boats before that
If anyone gets this, if they email me a copy of there V5 I’ll post a crib sheet explaining how to by pass the Fiat immobiliser
I have this problem with my 2000 Peugeot Boxer, which I believe has the same engine.
Started off as an intermittent problem, neither main dealer or auto electric company could fix it. Then in December it became permanent. Van still sits where it broke.Using it as a static until I can find someone able to get it running.
Did find a guy who part stripped it. Told me he just needed to buy a plug thing £1.20 He said it arrived and was ready to fit.
Didn't turn up on the appointed day, and has never been seen since. (I suspect he has been abducted by aliens, along with the plumber who has also disappeared part way through a job!)
I would very much appreciate any help with this immobiliser problem. I am desperate now!
I am an ol codger and have no idea how to do this stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

dr1960

Free Member
May 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Suntor SE
Exp
I have this problem with my 2000 Peugeot Boxer, which I believe has the same engine.
Started off as an intermittent problem, neither main dealer or auto electric company could fix it. Then in December it became permanent. Van still sits where it broke.Using it as a static until I can find someone able to get it running.
Did find a guy who part stripped it. Told me he just needed to buy a plug thing £1.20 He said it arrived and was ready to fit.
Didn't turn up on the appointed day, and has never been seen since. (I suspect he has been abducted by aliens, along with the plumber who has also disappeared part way through a job!)
I would very much appreciate any help with this immobiliser problem. I am desperate now!
I am an ol codger and have no idea how to do this stuff.
Hi I too have a 2000 boxer 2.5td and the immobiliser code light has just come on. Think it will need to be bypassed to get her back on the road.

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I'm intrigued as to why the V5 is required. Is it for the serial No. of the engine or something?
Eddie doesn't want to offer a solution to a criminal? Just trying to check You actually own the problem vehicle?

He helped me on a 1999 2.5tdi some years ago.

I can help too for Funsters if local (Peterborough). It is an easy process but fiddly !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back