Morroco borders Open on 7th April. 🙂 (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Posted on the Portuguese motorhome forum, I suppose it's a bit late for most 😉 jongood 😎 and others. 😁 Bob.

Screenshot_20220404-155743_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220404-155714_Facebook.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
jongood Not a clue what's changed, nothing on the Spanish motorhome forum this morning when I had a quick scan, 😉 @ our legal team member Richard gus-lopez might have seen something. 😁
I don't watch TV in any country. 😎 Bob.
I haven't seen anything?
Just looked on the external gov.es site & last post on there was 31st March & stated that the land borders with Morocco , including ceuta & melilla, remained closed ? Mind they might just be slow?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hopefully all true, as i have just renewed my van insurance yesterday and changed to LV as they will issue a green card for Morocco:giggle:.
I would love to change to LV but they wont recognise N&b or MAN as a motorhome .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Great news Bob. Any idea whats changed? Is it just covid levels? Western Sahara man left Spain last year.
I hope this is true Jon, however I had several opening dates from Carlos last year but they all proved wrong. I have looked at the Moroccan site today and it said the border remains closed to maritime tourist's, that said I will keep a close eye on this as from now.
On LV , I had to cancel Safeguard because LV became their under writers and would not give Green card for Morocco

Last edited:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Anyone know the ferry operators and or whom to book with? Interested to understand approximate transit costs if anyone knows?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well this looks promising, it was always a political problem that stopped the maritime traffic which just happened to coincide with, but probably was initiated by, Covid. It definitely puts Morocco back on the map for us next winter - too late in the year for us now, it'll be too hot.

As regards ferry crossings, Carlos (Guitterez) in Algeciras is the man every time - he's got it all sorted and most all Europeans use him. He even organised an unofficial overnight stopover close by his office. It's been 200 eu for a number of years but quite easy to get it discounted to 180 - see my old Morocco info.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I hope this is true Jon, however I had several opening dates from Carlos last year but they all proved wrong. I have looked at the Moroccan site today and it said the border remains closed to maritime tourist's, that said I will keep a close eye on this as from now.
On LV , I had to cancel Safeguard because LV became their under writers and would not give Green card for Morocco
From the website and I confirmed it when taking out the policy. The policy is directly with LV so don't know if that makes a difference. You have to give them the actual dates of travel,I gave an example of Jan and Feb and was quoted another £38 for this period but will organise and pay when I know exact dates, presuming it goes ahead.
Screenshot_20220406-133942.png

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Well this looks promising, it was always a political problem that stopped the maritime traffic which just happened to coincide with, but probably was initiated by, Covid. It definitely puts Morocco back on the map for us next winter - too late in the year for us now, it'll be too hot.

As regards ferry crossings, Carlos (Guitterez) in Algeciras is the man every time - he's got it all sorted and most all Europeans use him. He even organised an unofficial overnight stopover close by his office. It's been 200 eu for a number of years but quite easy to get it discounted to 180 - see my old Morocco info.
Carlos has been the man for years but the Acciona service is pretty poor and I hate 'the pit'. We have previously managed to get the same deal for FRS Tarifa - TangerVille which is much more pleasant and reliable but the boat is quite small. I'm thinking of trying FRS online Algeciras to Tanger Med next time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You can actually ask Carlos for a preferred ferry company, although not sure if the price would be the same, or availability. We've been on 2 or 3 different lines but really can't differentiate between them.

But let us know how you get on. Often wondered if going to Carlos is really the best way? At least he has always got us across on the day/time we want though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back