LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
We are hoping to make it back this year have missed not going for a couple of years, probably be late December to late March.
We usually go clockwise as we don't really like the Atlantic coast. But may just bash down the motorway to get to Tafraute as quickly as possible. Then just see what transpires.
Steve

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Please note everyone is very welcome to join us, but please remember you must be a member to join in. Best money you will spend.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Definitely very interested, Jenny is keen as well.
We are heading to Portugal about 10 Dec and going across to Morocco early Jan.
That is our VERY loose plan.
As it will be our first time, it would be nice to tag along with people who " know the ropes "
so barring interim disasters, count us in please.
How soon do you need to book via Carlos at Algesiras ??
Mitch.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
It'll be my first trip abroad in the motorhome, I'm heading to Portugal in November so don't count me out.
Mickey.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When we came back in April we said that is it! June was adamant Guess what?she wants to go again but this time I'm starting at Fez because I have never managed to go there yet. Probably sailing Jan 15_20th.Hope to see old friends again
that might be around the time we would be going over too. (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just renewed our Moho insurance, do we need a green card or not please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
What's it like for wild camping over there now? Is it still tolerated? I've not been there for ten years but have heard tales of vans only allowed to stay in vast compounds with hefty fines for straying off the beaten track. Can anyone give me some info?

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
It will be great to see you all. Booking done day before crossing. Green card for mh insurance is needed. Health/travel insurance a must.

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
What's it like for wild camping over there now? Is it still tolerated? I've not been there for ten years but have heard tales of vans only allowed to stay in vast compounds with hefty fines for straying off the beaten track. Can anyone give me some info?

Wild camping is still available but not so much as years ago. Sites are very treasonably priced.

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Definitely very interested, Jenny is keen as well.
We are heading to Portugal about 10 Dec and going across to Morocco early Jan.
That is our VERY loose plan.
As it will be our first time, it would be nice to tag along with people who " know the ropes "
so barring interim disasters, count us in please.
How soon do you need to book via Carlos at Algesiras ??
Mitch.

We will arrange a block booking for anyone travelling on the same day as us and will pass onto Carlos's daughter the names and dates for anyone who wants us to. We will pm everyone around Oct/Nov to confirm travel.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Most wild camping is done with a guardian, paying a couple of euros per day. There some places where there is no guardian but these are a minority IMO. There are plenty of wild camping places throughout Moroc and the locals are quick to capitalise on that which is a win win situation for both, as they provide a good service and in almost all cases do a good job. Last time I was in Meknes I had the guardian and a plod sleeping on chairs by the side of my motorhome all night long. (when we were parked right next to the old prison in the centre). There is also a lot of campsites and in my opinion, many are shit! some are OK and a few (not many) are up to Europe standard and very good.
The prices vary and are on the increase. Expect to pay around 7-12 Euros for the full Monty, much more on the better sites. I know of one campsite at Chefchouen that is an absolute shithole and charges around 11 euros per day and as this is the only campsite there (When I visited in 2016) One didn't have much choice and the owner had no competition so the standard remained poor inspite of numerous complaints.
Don't let this put you off, its a magical place with magical people.

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Found you, please keep us in mind , would love to go over in early January, have heard al about Carlos , where do we find him ??

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Will forward details nearer time. He Is in Algeciras. Very easy to find. We are currently on holiday and don't get home for a couple of weeks.

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello graham and Jane, we would love to travel over with you as we are new to morocco and a bit nervous , please keep us informed if you don't mind and let us know what to do and when to do it, hopefully we will meet up with you at one of the shows this year

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Found you, please keep us in mind , would love to go over in early January, have heard al about Carlos , where do we find him ??
You will find Carlos here
36°10'46.3"N 5°26'27.8"W
He has a small office next to the Carefour Hypermarket in Algecerias. Directly in front of his office is a small road and directly across from that is a large parking area that will be rammed with Motorhomes using both his and the supermarkets services.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Carlos is NOT in Algeciras, he is in PALMONES, the town next door.
(Just in case you get confused by direction signs on the motorway.)
Phil's coordinates will get you to the precise spot.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
carlos and his family are great . been using them since about 2000. soon be time for his new info to arrive i expect. but look here should help you.

Attachments

• img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 84

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Another solo interested - but don't want to drive/site see without others, but aware this might be a bother...

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry - for site meant sight see - doh!:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.