Morocco 2018 (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
warm and sunny on the sea front in agadir, just get out of the wind.

Time for a beer!!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Comfort green card is for a max of 3 months in Morocco.

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
trip down to Spain very eventful after leaving Calais electric consumer unit packed up no power in camper. Second day tom-tom takes us up a notorious hill halfway up running of traction we are towing a trailer with a smart car nice French guy towed us up with his 4x4 I do have a lorry tom-tom LOL. on our way. out of France went into Spain 1300 miles behind us on the motorway wheel shears off trailer. a lorry transport trailer to garage can't fix taken another 50 km to garage that can English trailer can't fix have to have new axle and Wales now stopped over three days while work is done. Give it a couple more days travelling in the rain if it doesn't stop raining or any more disasters Wales is looking good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
trip down to Spain very eventful after leaving Calais electric consumer unit packed up no power in camper. Second day tom-tom takes us up a notorious hill halfway up running of traction we are towing a trailer with a smart car nice French guy towed us up with his 4x4 I do have a lorry tom-tom LOL. on our way. out of France went into Spain 1300 miles behind us on the motorway wheel shears off trailer. a lorry transport trailer to garage can't fix taken another 50 km to garage that can English trailer can't fix have to have new axle and Wales now stopped over three days while work is done. Give it a couple more days travelling in the rain if it doesn't stop raining or any more disasters Wales is looking good.

Hopefully got all the bad luck out of the way (n)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
@cakey, someone having a few more problems than you did getting to Morocco

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Still here on agadir camping, whilst swmbo is back in the Uk. I think I’m the only GB van here.....and a lady was cleaning the toilet block this morning ...wow, wow wow....but she has a thankless job. I’ll be driving to Marrakech le relais, on Thursday to meet her at the airport on Friday morning.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
FCC4181B-A6C4-4E83-8884-23A4DD3D4977.jpeg
50BAFD1B-31E2-4BDA-8D1D-38ED276F6037.jpeg
2608BFD0-BFCD-425E-A800-E9309EAA3A01.jpeg
Moved onto wild camp we stayed at last year @Sidi Bou-Ifedail plenty water and empty cassettes x2 (y)
Lovely little fishing village
Be ok for a while

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Monsoon here at mo?
Reminds me of Wales in the summer :D2

Jan 16, 2016
Armadale
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oct 2015
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed there for 5 nights before going to Erkounte. Torrential rain here but weather forecast shows improvement every day and even Tafraoute’s weather is improving
We were up in tarfrout a week ago, and had great weather, until the morning we left and we had frost. It was zero degrees on the drive back to agadir. But in glorious sunshine a magical drive

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Looking all the photographs of Morocco do not see MH with awning out Were thinking of stopping for two weeks in one campsite is there a reason for not using one I know if you're travelling around Morocco you wouldn't use one. perhaps one of the old hands that travelling in Morocco could enlighten us thanks

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Driving today from agadir to Marrakech I drove through a snow blizzard and then through thick mist, I put my hazard lights on for safety. Now just cold,wet and dark at camping relais Marrakech.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Looking all the photographs of Morocco do not see MH with awning out Were thinking of stopping for two weeks in one campsite is there a reason for not using one I know if you're travelling around Morocco you wouldn't use one. perhaps one of the old hands that travelling in Morocco could enlighten us thanks

There's no real reason not to use your awning - the problem is on some Moroccan "proper" campsites, especially the more popular ones, you don't have enough room.

We certainly used our awning on most of the campsites we stayed at, but then we stay away from the popular ones, don't like crowds. The only reason not to was the wind, which at times can be very strong.

Elsewhere - e.g. guardian sites - it's just a matter of how much room you've got. Probably wouldn't if wild camping though.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Landed in Tanger today at 10.45.
Away from police/customs by 11.05.
Is this a record?

.......made up for it in Assilah.
Took 55 mins to top up a maroc telecom data-sim card at the maroc telecom shop.

After waiting 2 hours for it to open after lunch.

Lunch is 13.30 - 14.30 mon - thurs.
Today is friday. 11.45 - 14.30!
Guess who got to the shop about midday? On friday...

Anyway. Explained to the bloke that I last used it in 2016.
Asked if I could just top it up, or would I need a new one? Bearing in mind I only speak idiot french and the bloke speaks proper french.
He tried to top it up - no joy.
He told me to ask for an internet sim at the kiosk over the road, in gestures.
I went over the road and asked the nice lady - who told me to try the maroc telecom shop!
I went back and the bloke tried again - so did the security guy.
No joy, so the bloke asks the security guy to give the house phone that won't top up my card to the salesman.
I explain all the above to the salesman. The salesman tells me, in english, that he will try to top up my card and if that does not work he will sort a new card. Bingo.
He did it.
I am now just showing off on the internet.
Gloat gloat.
I did a lot of 'shukran' and 'merci's' as I left the shop!

Jan 16, 2016
Armadale
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oct 2015
Anyway.
Now in Kenitra.
Warm enough, but who is about at the mo, where are you, and where is the weather please?

Sun, not snow....
Hi we are in Erkounte. Weather hot but windy. Weather looks like it is picking up. Going to Tafraoute around 16th when nights get warmer

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Landed in Tanger today at 10.45.
Away from police/customs by 11.05.
Is this a record?

.......made up for it in Assilah.
Took 55 mins to top up a maroc telecom data-sim card at the maroc telecom shop.

After waiting 2 hours for it to open after lunch.

Lunch is 13.30 - 14.30 mon - thurs.
Today is friday. 11.45 - 14.30!
Guess who got to the shop about midday? On friday...

Anyway. Explained to the bloke that I last used it in 2016.
Asked if I could just top it up, or would I need a new one? Bearing in mind I only speak idiot french and the bloke speaks proper french.
He tried to top it up - no joy.
He told me to ask for an internet sim at the kiosk over the road, in gestures.
I went over the road and asked the nice lady - who told me to try the maroc telecom shop!
I went back and the bloke tried again - so did the security guy.
No joy, so the bloke asks the security guy to give the house phone that won't top up my card to the salesman.
I explain all the above to the salesman. The salesman tells me, in english, that he will try to top up my card and if that does not work he will sort a new card. Bingo.
He did it.
I am now just showing off on the internet.
Gloat gloat.
I did a lot of 'shukran' and 'merci's' as I left the shop!
*3 !!!

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Currently on a site called Camping Bakanou, Tifnite (Not Tiznit) but not far away. A very remote location, mostly French people, but site has all the facilties. For the last two nights have been parked on Gaurdian Parking in Essaouira 60Mdh per night, grey water and cassette manhole. Location was a 20/25 minute walk to the town (reasonable), we thought was very pleasant and interesting had lunch out swmbo birthday. Don't order salad (to share) with Tagine each, far to much food, but all very enjoyable. Thinking of making our was down to Tafraoute on Monday, any particular place to make for? Or will we just come upon lots of Brit motorhomes, hope so.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Market day on Wednesday in tafrout, only a 5 minute walk from the wild camping, see my previous post about the site. We didn't realise that the wild camping also had a night 'guardian' camper contact 20981. It's now 15dh a night !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back