255.8 KB · Views: 44
Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
Thanks, that's really cute! Do you think it would it go into the garage area of the Palace?
Maybe! you will have to measure it.
We cant on our van because we have a smaller garage (rear lounge) also have the bigger mp3 the 500 sport and comes in at 270 kilos so quite hefty.
plus we carry our push bikes in our garage.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Maybe! you will have to measure it.
We cant on our van because we have a smaller garage (rear lounge) also have the bigger mp3 the 500 sport and comes in at 270 kilos so quite hefty.
It seems an interesting package, what trailer is that and what is its weight?

Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
It seems an interesting package, what trailer is that and what is its weight?
Under orders to go out now:rolleyes: but will put a little vid up later to show you the trailer later, its quite a clever bit of kit.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
Ok this is a video modeled by myself of the trailer, I dont want to hear remarks like “ Who’s the fat bald bloke”, its just a bit of winter weight, OK!!:(

The trailer comes from www.motorbronx.co.uk

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
That trailer is so cool! Can we have the details of it, please?

Now, what strategy did you use to convince the boss?

It would need to go inside the Palace as I really don't want to tow a trailer. Probably have enough payload I reckon (but I'm taking the bus to a weighbridge next week to see if she's put on weight over the summer)! :)

Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
That trailer is so cool! Can we have the details of it, please?

Now, what strategy did you use to convince the boss?

It would need to go inside the Palace as I really don't want to tow a trailer. Probably have enough payload I reckon (but I'm taking the bus to a weighbridge next week to see if she's put on weight over the summer)! :)

I put a link to it below the video, if not Motorbronx.co.uk. and it was her idea to get the bike————————- Honest guv:unsure:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
(y) Are you going to Dusseldorf Michael? We are going for a couple of days Tuesday/Wednesday, and Thursday if we get excited.

Martin
No, sorry Martin, we are on a ferry to Santander on Sunday 26th. Morelo wanted us to go to the show but instead we will have to fly to the factory in September from Spain for a couple of nights. Amazing when I want to sort stuff earlier in the year when I had no commitments but they said don't be impatient, now I must now agree everything before the end of October and we are in Spain for September and October, November is too late, and of course August does not work for them. I must have it wrong they are going to pay me to have one of these right? Clearly I am not the customer! But at least its progress!

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I really like the design of the new front and back but other than that (except for a few minor tweaks most likely) it's no different from our 2017 Palace as far as I can see. Although I do like the deeper door fronts to enclose those little trays beneath the cupboards; they are a waste of space as you can't really use them for much at all.

I really wish Morelo would hold "customer engagement or group chats" (even do it online) as we could give them a million little nuggets of our wisdom to improve their vehicles. Clearly, they don't do this as I'm sure any owner could tell them this one. Stop making slippery shelves! Who in their right mind would manufacture a mobile cupboard interior without making all of the shelf surfaces lined with a non-slip surface? Why?

Come on, do this in the factory, please. It would be easy to do and there's no reason anyone would say "Yes, I'd like to select the slippery shelf surface option please"! It could even be a simple baize (think snooker table top) type material but anything must be better than shiny wood veneer surely?

What about this one too. Morelo, please install a number of tubes under the belly to hold waste hoses. A 2m length supplied at manufacture is simply a joke. Anyone actually using this motorhome knows this is inadequate & must have added their own additional waste hoses (as I now have after Michael kindly advised me what parts to use).

Morelo doesn't have customers. They have strangers who pay them to suffer the process of understanding how some Germans do business (and just happen to get a Motorhome at the end of it for their trouble)!

Rant over!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
What about this one too. Morelo, please install a number of tubes under the belly to hold waste hoses. A 2m length supplied at manufacture is simply a joke. Anyone actually using this motorhome knows this is inadequate & must have added their own additional waste hoses (as I now have after Michael kindly advised me what parts to use).

Rant over!

What did you find wrong with it. I have honestly never had an issue with it

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
No, sorry Martin, we are on a ferry to Santander on Sunday 26th. Morelo wanted us to go to the show but instead we will have to fly to the factory in September from Spain for a couple of nights. Amazing when I want to sort stuff earlier in the year when I had no commitments but they said don't be impatient, now I must now agree everything before the end of October and we are in Spain for September and October, November is too late, and of course August does not work for them. I must have it wrong they are going to pay me to have one of these right? Clearly I am not the customer! But at least its progress!

Feels like Morelo are moving things faster than expected...not as many orders as they expected..not sure, but I have just had exactly the same conversation. They need my finalized specification no later than mid November.
We are currently debating the carpets, one wants and one does not...I think they look great but I'm not the practical one!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I really like the design of the new front and back but other than that (except for a few minor tweaks most likely) it's no different from our 2017 Palace as far as I can see. Although I do like the deeper door fronts to enclose those little trays beneath the cupboards; they are a waste of space as you can't really use them for much at all.

We have the open fronted shelves beneath the overhead lockers. I don't know if ours are different to yours but we find them really useful. Our cups, mugs, tumblers go in one of the kitchen ones, tea, coffee, sugar and other canisters in the other kitchen one. The rest of them house books, maps, etc. I like the fact that the doors to the lockers come down far enough to prevent anything falling out.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
What did you find wrong with it. I have honestly never had an issue with it
Hi Stewart,

One single tube with a 2m hose and Storz connector isn't always long enough to reach campsite dump stations, we visited two during the summer where we couldn't get the MH close enough to the dump point (a 100mm drain "port" (opening) in the grass to the side of the parking area). Sure, it's fine for those with a grill in the ground but we found we needed a longer hose on occasions.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Feels like Morelo are moving things faster than expected...not as many orders as they expected..not sure, but I have just had exactly the same conversation. They need my finalized specification no later than mid November.
We are currently debating the carpets, one wants and one does not...I think they look great but I'm not the practical one!

Carpets in during the winter and out for the Summer; simples!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Hi Stewart,

One single tube with a 2m hose and Storz connector isn't always long enough to reach campsite dump stations, we visited two during the summer where we couldn't get the MH close enough to the dump point. Sure, it's fine for those with a grill in the ground but we found we needed a longer hose on occasions.
Thanks Peter, we must have been lucky, never had an issue. Do you disconnect the Storz coupling? I leave ours connected and just run the pipe back into the housing.

If you have the details of what you did and the equipment used I would be grateful if you could send. I'm always happy to carry out a mod. Not sure what the connection will be like in the Empire, did notice the dump valves are electric which I'm not to keen on.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Carpets in during the winter and out for the Summer; simples!
Carpets have never been down in the Palace, I do take the point that carpets around the kitchen and shower room are perhaps not the greatest of ideas. But the carpets make such a difference to the interior look.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
We have the open fronted shelves beneath the overhead lockers. I don't know if ours are different to yours but we find them really useful. Our cups, mugs, tumblers go in one of the kitchen ones, tea, coffee, sugar and other canisters in the other kitchen one. The rest of them house books, maps, etc. I like the fact that the doors to the lockers come down far enough to prevent anything falling out.

Ours are like this, see below (the small area at the bottom which isn't deep at all, maybe 80mm or so deep) but not high enough to do much with

Screen Shot 43.png

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Whilst carpets look luxurious for the most part, having had both we prefer the ease of maintenance of the Karndean type vinyl flooring, robust and smart if the right colour/style is used by the manufacturer.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Ours are like this, see below (the small area at the bottom which isn't deep at all, maybe 80mm or so deep) but not high enough to do much with

View attachment 248578
Can you not reposition the shelf supports like I can in my Flair?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Screen Shot 47.png
Thanks Peter, we must have been lucky, never had an issue. Do you disconnect the Storz coupling? I leave ours connected and just run the pipe back into the housing.

If you have the details of what you did and the equipment used I would be grateful if you could send. I'm always happy to carry out a mod. Not sure what the connection will be like in the Empire, did notice the dump valves are electric which I'm not to keen on.

I always disconnect the Storz connector and return the hose to the waste pipe holder tube.

I struggled with paying £120 for a 10m length of the same hose Morelo used so used 50mm corrugated hose from Ebay costing around £50 for 30m (which I have to admit isn't as good as it's more easily crushed) but it does work just fine. I tried it at home and dumped our full black and grey tanks into our sewer manhole using it without a problem.

I bought 5 sets of Oase (German) 50mm hose connectors (you get a male and female with a rubber seal in the box) at around £15 each online from Pond Planet (https://www.pond-planet.co.uk//pond...work-fittings-c35/hose-connectors-p2872/s4734).

These are normally used for fish farm plumbing so are a rugged yet lightweight proven option. I superglued the seal into place as the likelihood of losing them due to them falling out is way too high.

Screen Shot 48.png

I bought 3x 3m lengths of 68mm round black gutter downpipe (from Selco) and cut them down to match the Morelo waste hose holder length of around 2.8m and using stainless steel Tamtorque straps fixed two of them "buddy" style to the existing waste hose holder and one extra length into the lower left side forward fibreglass fairing; so alongside the others. The Tamtorque straps tighten down very hard and started to crush the gutter pipe which meant that the hose connector wouldn't pass through the pipe so I had to loosen it right back. This may be an issue long-term so I will buy the correct size pipe hangers that Morelo use (a circular rubberised clamp ring on a length of threaded steel with a screw fixing bracket at the other end) and install them I think. This means they are not all hanging off the original brackets as the additional weight may be too much for them (only fixed using two small screws into the underside of the floor; knowing Morelo, the screws are only about 1cm long too I'd bet).

The threaded end (male) of the coupling just goes into the 68mm pipe but the other (female) end doesn't so it's just like the Morelo system of having the coupling end protruding slightly but can't pass through completely and fall out.

I made 3x 2.5m lengths of hose with a male and female connector attached (use hot water to heat the hose to squeeze the connectors in, it is hard to do) and then I will use stainless steel straps to secure them as soon as I get the correct size. And lastly, I attached an Oase connector onto the end of the Morelo supplied hose so I can link them all together in 2.5m sections as required up to 10m long. I prefer this as storing a single 10m hose is a bugger and that way you always have to use all of the hose instead of just what you need.

With the remaining hose, I made a long single length up with connectors attached to each end so I can dump my tanks at home with a hose kept here if needed.

If it wasn't raining I would take a photo to show you the finished job. One pipe seemed very close to the fuel tank and might have knocked so I inserted a good squirt of Sikaflex black sealant to soft bond them together to prevent this. I'll upload a photo.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
@OurMoreloLife Peter, I only used 38/40mm and works well, joints at 1.5bsp. Get extra seals online, I have a bagful, good idea to glue in though and I will look at that. Get yourself a hose tail 90 degree bend with matching BSP for your connectors on opposite end. I find this useful for pitch drains, picked it up in a Brico in Spain but on ebay too. I also have a 1.5bsp to 1 inch reducer for the painfully small pitch pipes. And don't worry it does not block up, well it hasn't on mine when I have used it.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Also Peter love the idea of extra underslung pipe holders, going to investigate that!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back