LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well today didn’t quite go to plan, arrived at the Stellplatz at Dinkelsbühl and no space unless we were about 7.5m and we are not, tried another very close by but closed 🤔 moved on towards Fussen but decided to try the one at Ulm, full 😮 but luckily there is a lot of overflow space in the car park that you can use, so €14 and sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Did you try this one as never seen it anywhere near full plus you can park in the car park bit.

Well today didn’t quite go to plan, arrived at the Stellplatz at Dinkelsbühl and no space unless we were about 7.5m and we are not, tried another very close by but closed 🤔 moved on towards Fussen but decided to try the one at Ulm, full 😮 but luckily there is a lot of overflow space in the car park that you can use, so €14 and sorted.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Did you try this one as never seen it anywhere near full plus you can park in the car park bit.

Yes that’s the first one we went to Mark, not very big spots and certainly couldn’t get in any that were left.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Yes that’s the first one we went to Mark, not very big spots and certainly couldn’t get in any that were left.
I parked up on the car park verge just on the left hand side as you go in where the houses are, second time I had a pitch just as you go in on the right near the service area.
I don’t think they worry about parking in the car park as plenty of vans seem to.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We left Ulm reasonably early this morning (before coffee 😉) hoping to find space at Fussen, well we got lucky,
IMG_2640.jpeg

I know it looks a bit grey and it did rain a bit on the way but then it brightened up.

Fussen is nice but a bit touristy,

IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2645.jpeg

When you realise that this frontage is all painted on it is even more impressive I think.

IMG_2650.jpeg

The river is a milky blue colour because it is coming from snow melt I believe.

IMG_2649.jpeg

Get the bike out tomorrow for a bit more exploring, the forecast didn’t look good earlier but someone said it would be sunny so that will be OK.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The Steve McQueen motorcycle stunts from the Great Escape were filmed near Fussen. Great area for cycling! Good cable car ride up to the mountain top with fab views as well. Obviously Schwanstein and New Schwanstein castles as well!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Steve McQueen motorcycle stunts from the Great Escape were filmed near Fussen. Great area for cycling! Good cable car ride up to the mountain top with fab views as well. Obviously Schwanstein and New Schwanstein castles as well!
Thanks Robert, looks like loads of cycle routes and yes I was just looking at the map and said to Jen did she fancy the cable car? surprisingly she said yes😃

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Which of the stellplatze are you at we were at the 2nd along owned by an Italian couple the facilities would have done the Ritz proud.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
We left Ulm reasonably early this morning (before coffee 😉) hoping to find space at Fussen, well we got lucky,
View attachment 897563
I know it looks a bit grey and it did rain a bit on the way but then it brightened up.

Fussen is nice but a bit touristy,

View attachment 897564
View attachment 897565
When you realise that this frontage is all painted on it is even more impressive I think.

View attachment 897566
The river is a milky blue colour because it is coming from snow melt I believe.

View attachment 897567
Get the bike out tomorrow for a bit more exploring, the forecast didn’t look good earlier but someone said it would be sunny so that will be OK.
As you are not that far away can I please recommend again you have a look at Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis , it really is stunning to visit for a few days, so much to do👍, they have a communal website , have a browse 👍

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Which of the stellplatze are you at we were at the 2nd along owned by an Italian couple the facilities would have done the Ritz proud.
We are on the last one Brian, we made a beeline for here as it said big spaces on Campercontact and after yesterday we thought it might also be busy, had a little walk into yours today and it does look tidy and a slightly better view I think.
As you are not that far away can I please recommend again you have a look at Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis , it really is stunning to visit for a few days, so much to do👍, they have a communal website , have a browse 👍
Thanks for that, will have a look but as you say "so much to do"

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
We are on the last one Brian, we made a beeline for here as it said big spaces on Campercontact and after yesterday we thought it might also be busy, had a little walk into yours today and it does look tidy and a slightly better view I think.

Thanks for that, will have a look but as you say "so much to do"
I treat it as my second home, have been coming there since my teenage years ( so a very long time😇) summer and winter, heaven on earth👍

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I treat it as my second home, have been coming there since my teenage years ( so a very long time😇) summer and winter, heaven on earth👍
Looks like Austria and we don't have a go-box, Google said in the municipality of Landeck which reminded of my canoeing days many many years ago when we paddled the Sanna down to the camp site at Landeck, was quite an interesting trip as when we got off at the bridge we found the gauge that we should have looked at before we started and the guide book said it was too high :unsure: we survived though:giggle:

I will add, not a bad place to treat as a second home.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Looks like Austria and we don't have a go-box, Google said in the municipality of Landeck which reminded of my canoeing days many many years ago when we paddled the Sanna down to the camp site at Landeck, was quite an interesting trip as when we got off at the bridge we found the gauge that we should have looked at before we started and the guide book said it was too high :unsure: we survived though:giggle:

We have navigated through Austria twice without a GoBox with the SatNag set to avoid motorways and tolls!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, we’ve never used a go box either😉👍👍
If you get stopped or photographed, just tell em your names Coastal Cruiser. 👍👍
:giggle: That might work ;) as long as the weather plays ball we could spend a fair bit time around here as there are a good few days cycle rides and then if it's nice we might see if the campsite is close enough to the lake to get the canoe out.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have stayed both on the Stellplatz and the adjoining campsite if Stellplatz full. Excellent spot near a lake! Don’t know if canoeing allowed or accessible
IMG_3038.png

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have stayed both on the Stellplatz and the adjoining campsite if Stellplatz full. Excellent spot near a lake! Don’t know if canoeing allowed or accessible
View attachment 897671
I saw that one on Campercontact, we were going to have a cycle and see what the Camping Brunnen has to offer although Monday is a bank holiday and then the kids are off school so it could be rammed, could look at them both to be fair ;)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

Yep that’s the one , not that far from Landeck , Go box isn’t that much trouble is it? Yes the river Inn can be very rough sometimes, brave people only lol😇😎

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I saw that one on Campercontact, we were going to have a cycle and see what the Camping Brunnen has to offer although Monday is a bank holiday and then the kids are off school so it could be rammed, could look at them both to be fair ;)
Blimey that's one even I've stayed at, my excuse is I did have a caravan at the time.
Nice smelly village just before the site entrance, houses built above the cow sheds like in the middle ages.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Got it wrong - just checked again and it was the one below:-
Again it has a popular Stellplatz attached but not cheap!
IMG_3039.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back