LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We did pick a leaflet up, out for a bike ride in the morning but could do it later, is it worth bothering with?
Yes it's quite interesting and you can get a beer on the boat, a plesent boat ride a short walk to. the geyser. I don't think it was very expensive.

We stopped there on our way to caravan Caravan Salon last weekend in August they have a music festival in the town, bands playing at different venues all free it was a great night.

Also a town that has reasonable food for Germany.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Yes it's quite interesting and you can get a beer on the boat, a plesent boat ride a short walk to. the geyser. I don't think it was very expensive.

We stopped there on our way to caravan Caravan Salon last weekend in August they have a music festival in the town, bands playing at different venues all free it was a great night.

Also a town that has reasonable food for Germany.
You mean more than Italian, burger or kebab 🤔😀

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So we saved about €20 each today by not doing the boat trip to the Geysir Lenny HB but we cycled to Ahrweiler instead, we went there about 7 years ago from Remagen and it was a lovely cycle ride, in july 2021 the area was devastated by a storm and flash flooding that killed 200 people across Germany and the wider area, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ermany-ahr-valley-flooding-disaster-july-2021, getting there this time was not as straight forward as so many of the riverside cycle paths had been washed away,

IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG_2448.jpeg

Just one of the many many damaged building along the valley,

IMG_2450.jpeg

Most if not all of the bridges were washed away and have been replaced by temporary structures,

IMG_2456.jpeg

This is one bridge, or the remains of and it looks like it has taken a chunk out of the tree on it's way down,

IMG_2451.jpeg

As a walled city you would be forgiven for thinking that it would have been protected but no the damage was immense,

IMG_2452.jpeg
IMG_2453.jpeg
IMG_2455.jpeg

It would appear that even the church didn't survive unscathed,

It's still a lovely place of course but everywhere you look there are still damaged buildings or shops with new facades and new windows.

The ride was 45 miles which is the most that we have done for a while and certainly the most on this new tandem, jongood thats total 60 miles since a battery charge and we still have three bars left, we know we have been out though ;)

I promised KayeB a link to this thread so here it is ;)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I suppose I should have said for anybody who doesn't fancy the 45 mile cycle ride there is a Stellplatz at Remagen which is closer and also one up at Ahrweiler which is on the doorstep ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
I suppose I should have said for anybody who doesn't fancy the 45 mile cycle ride there is a Stellplatz at Remagen which is closer and also one up at Ahrweiler which is on the doorstep ;)
One of our favourite stellplarz stops was in Ahrweiler, it was right on the riverside beside the bridge, the whole campsite/shower block and owners accommodation was destroyed by the floods, hugely sad for them. They have spent the years since trying to rebuild, helped by donations and free labour and are opening again in a small way this year. This is latest update (translated) from Petra the owner.

“Dear guests, from NOW on, my "provisional provisional" ( ;-) ) is for self-sufficient (!) Motorhomes (!) Open. Please understand that reservations cannot yet be accepted. Unfortunately, there is currently no sanitary building and no electricity. A provisional supply and disposal is possible. But of course we continue to work firmly on "camping for reconstruction". The beautiful old town, just a few metres away, invites you to stroll and stop by again.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you all.

Your Petra Schmitt”

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One of our favourite stellplarz stops was in Ahrweiler, it was right on the riverside beside the bridge, the whole campsite/shower block and owners accommodation was destroyed by the floods, hugely sad for them. They have spent the years since trying to rebuild, helped by donations and free labour and are opening again in a small way this year. This is latest update (translated) from Petra the owner.

“Dear guests, from NOW on, my "provisional provisional" ( ;-) ) is for self-sufficient (!) Motorhomes (!) Open. Please understand that reservations cannot yet be accepted. Unfortunately, there is currently no sanitary building and no electricity. A provisional supply and disposal is possible. But of course we continue to work firmly on "camping for reconstruction". The beautiful old town, just a few metres away, invites you to stroll and stop by again.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you all.

Your Petra Schmitt”
Yes we cycled out past that one then, they looked fairly well supported when we passed so that's good, my photos don't in any way do justice to the total devastation that they suffered which you see a hint of as you travel through the area and this is nearly three years down the line, well at least we went and supported one of the Cafes in the town ;) we needed Coffee and cake to get home :LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Blimey that's gone up a lot we wouldn't have paid that, I think it was €10 when we did it.
It was the year you finally ordered your posh bus.
It includes a museum of some sort ;) might have a look tomorrow or Saturday if Jen doesn't want to go on the bike again:LOL: that would be 2019 then, "finally" :LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well it turned out to be quite a nice day and we have made about 130 ah from the solar so bike charged back up now👍 Jen said she wasn’t going on the bike today so a lazy one watching the boats go past and a bit of shopping, oh and knitting of course 😃

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Back home, well the van is back with its brothers and sisters,

IMG_2463.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

Washing machine in the open has locker in the distance.

IMG_2465.jpeg

Yes of course we are on the MORELO stellplatz,€15 per night includes water, dumping and electric free for customers though 😉👍

IMG_2467.jpeg

This is interesting not only the colour but the fact that he has managed to knock off one of his mirror cameras, well I guess if he had mirrors it would have done more damage to the side😀

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

View attachment 891149
View attachment 891148
View attachment 891150

View attachment 891151
Yes of course we are on the MORELO stellplatz,€15 per night includes water, dumping and electric free for customers though 😉👍

View attachment 891152
This is interesting not only the colour but the fact that he has managed to knock off one of his mirror cameras, well I guess if he had mirrors it would have done more damage to the side😀
Interesting! Do you know whose fitment Martin, Mercedes, Morelo or aftermarket? I reckon if its aftermarket it will be cheaper than a mirror whereas the other 2 will be justifyingly dearer.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

View attachment 891149
View attachment 891148
View attachment 891150

View attachment 891151

View attachment 891152
That colour is dreadful, nearly as bad as the Ryan air colour scheme , stay well away lol, what’s wrong with anthracite grey 😆😇😎

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Looks like millionaires row🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have a great time👍👌🏼👌🏼

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That colour is dreadful, nearly as bad as the Ryan air colour scheme , stay well away lol, what’s wrong with anthracite grey 😆😇😎
And it fades to purple at the back but still has the standard black as well, he said it matches his parachute and he ours was “too white”😮

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Interesting! Do you know whose fitment Martin, Mercedes, Morelo or aftermarket? I reckon if it’s aftermarket it will be cheaper than a mirror whereas the other 2 will be justifyingly dearer.
It’s on a Eurocargo Jon 6 cylinder I guess, mirror camera aftermarket but again a guess and yes taken a chunk out of the side as well.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
And it fades to purple at the back but still has the standard black as well, he said it matches his parachute and he ours was “too white”😮
😱😱😱, tell him his looks like a old resprayed tourbus for a second division bundesliga football club, the only advantage I can see is that it will never be stolen 😇😎😆

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It’s on a Eurocargo Jon 6 cylinder I guess, mirror camera aftermarket but again a guess and yes taken a chunk out of the side as well.
Shame about the damage but can you get him to run you up the road in it? Be an interesting comparison.

Try him with this:-

Mein Freund sagt, ich bin ein Weichei und sollte nur einen Loftliner mit dem richtigen Motor kaufen, aber ich muss überzeugt werden

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Shame about the damage but can you get him to run you up the road in it? Be an interesting comparison.

Try him with this:-

Mein Freund sagt, ich bin ein Weichei und sollte nur einen Loftliner mit dem richtigen Motor kaufen, aber ich muss überzeugt werden
Well it sounded like a bag of spanner’s when it came in so that’s a start,

Update he said he had had a MAN put in it😉 proper shoehorn job apparently 😏

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back