LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Has a little Chinese Guy or Gal created an alternative to the Mopeka LPG sensor?

going to press the buy now on my Amazon account but seems really expensive for a couple of little gizmos that send a signal up and calculate what's below?

anyone?

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Not expensive at all, the price you have to pay for the development work required as opposed to stealing intelectual property or ignoring copyright.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not expensive at all, the price you have to pay for the development work required as opposed to stealing intelectual property or ignoring copyright.
Really?
150 pound for an ultrasonic gizmo that throws a signal up and catches it before sending it to your phone?

Made in China anyway, i give it 12 months before wangho are producing them for a fiver.

R&D of something that's been used since the war basically.
Fair play to the company though, mugs are splashing out on it..
Me being one of them as I've just ordered 2 plus the dispaly module for Ā£230 delivered to basically have something I've never needed in 20 years of motorhoming.

What next, a gadget that tells me the make up of my toilet cassette?

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Having worked for a British company manufacturing product and analysed product (countefiet) returned to us for restitution and by the use of X-ray analysis showed some to be empty packages no wonder they didnt work, Another issue was it worked but not to spec, they had Aluminium wire bonds and not Au tape as used by us, as a result of this type of issue forgive me if i dont hold the same view.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I also have 2 bottles.Run off one and when it runs out I switch over and replenish the empty.Personally never felt the need for anything more tbh especially at those prices šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
I would like an alternative to Mopeka.

Their website is not sufficiently clear that they only work with Calor (steel) bottles.

Useless with Safefill. So alternative would be good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back