Mods on our Adria Compact SC (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Not much to do, just a few shelves to add here and there to make the storage more useful. Oh, and a use for the stupidly small "spice rack" beside the sink that doesn't fit any of my spice pots.
Washing up basket and drainer are removed when on the move, and the larder is in not going away yet mode. We have also removed the heavy table, and use a smaller free standing one that we can move out of the way or use outside.

Attachments

• Bedroom locker.jpg
    Bedroom locker.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Dinette locker.jpg
    Dinette locker.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Galley shelf.jpg
    Galley shelf.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Larder locker.jpg
    Larder locker.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 203

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
That Galley shelf really is a waste of space, we have the same and use it for the cutting board, but it really is a head scratcher!

OP
OP
Devon Sue
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, I put a cutting board on as well as the drainer - one we already had as the drainer that came with the van to sit over the hob is too large for any of the lockers when not in use

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
We also have a Compact SC and also haven’t found a use for the “spice rack”. You can hang a drying cloth through the slot but that is about it. Overall though we are very pleased with our Adria. It is good to see your modifications. Do yo have a photo of your replacement table?

OP
OP
Devon Sue
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
ontheroadagain haven't got a photo at the moment but it is just a standard table top from Magnum Motorhomes with two folding legs. Readymade tables of a similar size are available but we needed a very specific size to fit our previous van. Table surface size is not that different to the fitted Adria one, but our table is lighter, and portable so we can use it outside if we want to. I also bought a small folding coffee table to use for cups of tea if we don't want to use the big table. It makes the sitting area more roomy and lounge like. My OH also made a little step to fit alongside the dinette floor as the table is wider and needed the extra support. I'll try and set it up and take some photos tomorrow so you can see what I mean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Gem-Table-Leg-Stock-Pic.jpg
    Gem-Table-Leg-Stock-Pic.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Devon Sue
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
ontheroadagain sorry for the delay but we had a bit of a family emergency entailing a trip to Cheshire, currently at Royal Vale with very poor signal so picture might not load

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Have you thought about putting shallow drawer in the cupboards on drawer runners so you can pull them out of the cupboard's?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you fasten a turnbuckle catch above the spice shelf you can use that to hold the drainer, chopping board etc in place when on the move so you won't have to keep moving it for storage. When I had a Globecar I used a similar method to secure a tray to the wall at the side of the sink.

kitchen storage etc.jpg

I did loads of stuff to our campers, this is a link to the last Globecar we had and some of what I did:

OP
OP
Devon Sue
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
As it is free standing it folds down and goes in the garage when travelling.
Now need to find a way to stop the mattress sliding off the bed when travelling, the tie straps don't hold it, I can't seem to get the strap secured by the rings. Anyone with an SC been able to work this out?

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
The straps are difficult to fit. Make sure they go around the steel frame of the bed and not the wooden slats. We travel with our bed in the ”day” position. It does slip down slightly but not by much.

OP
OP
Devon Sue
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
ontheroadagain Ours doesn't just tip, it slides forward about a foot, and then jams against the frame so it won't push back unless you squeeze past and tip the top bit over. I'll get OH to hold up the bed base while I investigate, I think I put the straps round the slats as I didn't think they were long enough to go round the metal frame. Out of interest do you use flat sheets or have you splashed out on custom fitted? I did wonder if a double fitted would work with the bottom tucked in but currently use king size flat

OP
OP
Devon Sue
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Have you thought about putting shallow drawer in the cupboards on drawer runners so you can pull them out of the cupboard's?
Don't think that would work, available width of the locker is fine, but there would have to be a narrower drawer and a wide runner on one sidd as the door and hinge encroaches on the locker width

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Out of interest do you use flat sheets or have you splashed out on custom fitted?
We use a fitted sheet from our last van which had a French bed. It is an ok fit but not perfect. Will need to find something better. Our bed is the same - we have to tip the top over in order to push it back into the day position.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back