Microsoft Office Pro 2021 for $30 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
My mistake, I'm on Home & business 2019
So, maybe not far enough behind to worry.

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
mrskevenh is getting a new laptop this week so she may go from Openoffice to MS office for $30

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
$30 is about £26.
Looking at Amazon Marketplace there are offers a little cheaper.
🤷‍♂️

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
$30 is about £26.
Looking at Amazon Marketplace there are offers a little cheaper.
🤷‍♂️
Linky?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
mrskevenh is getting a new laptop this week so she may go from Openoffice to MS office for $30

Bristol City Council ditched MS Office and moved to Openoffice.

I use Libreoffice which is pretty good. I still have some older paid versions of MS Office on various obsolete laptops from my pre-retirement days. I got fed up with Microsoft changing the user interface for no obvious benefit, and trying to make it an annual subscription. That killed it for me.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
If you want a spreadsheet, Google Sheets is very good. There's very little it can't do. I've done some reasonably heavy data analysis with it. If I need more, I write code.

If you're just writing letters, Google Docs is a passable word processor. If you don't play with style sheets, cross referencing and don't write 50 page technical documents, it's good enough.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If you want a spreadsheet, Google Sheets is very good. There's very little it can't do. I've done some reasonably heavy data analysis with it. If I need more, I write code.

If you're just writing letters, Google Docs is a passable word processor. If you don't play with style sheets, cross referencing and don't write 50 page technical documents, it's good enough.

What happens to Google's copy of your document? Just curious.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

We use them all the time there's the advantage that its saved as you type to the cloud so you're never without a backup.

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Bristol City Council ditched MS Office and moved to Openoffice.

I use Libreoffice which is pretty good. I still have some older paid versions of MS Office on various obsolete laptops from my pre-retirement days. I got fed up with Microsoft changing the user interface for no obvious benefit, and trying to make it an annual subscription. That killed it for me.
This thread isn’t about the subscription Office suite.

I’ve used OpenOffice. It’s good but I did enjoy getting back to MS Office and what shortcuts, etc. I knew.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
I pay about £2 a month for Office 365, from Microsoft. It's just over £7 a month but that's for 6 licences. The other 5 are used by my wife, two sons, daughter and daughters boyfriend and we spilt the cost. Worth doing if you have family or can get a few mates to chip in.

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I pay about £2 a month for Office 365, from Microsoft. It's just over £7 a month but that's for 6 licences. The other 5 are used by my wife, two sons, daughter and daughters boyfriend and we spilt the cost. Worth doing if you have family or can get a few mates to chip in.
And do you each get 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage or is that split? For 166GB each that’s still decent (y)

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
And do you each get 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage or is that split? For 166GB each that’s still decent (y)
Here are the details
You get 6TB, 1TB per person. All accounts are independent of each other but the named subscriber has control who is given an account and more importantly can take them away! Apparently you can only use 5 accounts at the same time, how they know if you are using all 6, I don't know. We have never encountered a problem although licence 6 not really used. Sorry, its was £7.99, must have gone up!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Suspicion must be that at this pricing these are at best "grey" licencing if not quite dodgy. You probably get as "key" and then told to download from somewhere. The idea of download software is common. But if you read some of the reviews the download is not necessarily official or current so once installed there will be the pain of an upgrade. The licence may in fact be intended as a company type multi user for larger corporations who may need 100s of users. These aren't intended for resale. It might be listed on Amazon or other reputed site, but where in fact is the seller based and what comeback do you have on them?

Simple advice, if the price compared to normal microsoft routes seems too good to be true, proceed with caution.

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Suspicion must be that at this pricing these are at best "grey" licencing if not quite dodgy. You probably get as "key" and then told to download from somewhere. The idea of download software is common. But if you read some of the reviews the download is not necessarily official or current so once installed there will be the pain of an upgrade. The licence may in fact be intended as a company type multi user for larger corporations who may need 100s of users. These aren't intended for resale. It might be listed on Amazon or other reputed site, but where in fact is the seller based and what comeback do you have on them?

Simple advice, if the price compared to normal microsoft routes seems too good to be true, proceed with caution.
? You're buying a MS Office product key.
The only way to get the associated download is then via Microsoft - after validating the product key with your MS Account.

Where the sellers are finding MS Office 2021 product keys I don't know. Sometimes it'll be unneeded surplus from a corporate roll out 🤷‍♂️
But wondering about the low cost is a reasonable concern. (y)

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Office 21

CJS CD keys, 19,99 last month

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Office 21

CJS CD keys, 19,99 last month
And look at many review sites and you can see how many have difficulties with that operator. Only got my money back from them when I raised a PayPal claim else hey denied all knowledge that they could possibly have issued a key already in use and then claimed they were only agents for an unknown seller so weren't responsible and as they hid In Belize ...

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
And look at many review sites and you can see how many have difficulties with that operator. Only got my money back from them when I raised a PayPal claim else hey denied all knowledge that they could possibly have issued a key already in use and then claimed they were only agents for an unknown seller so weren't responsible and as they hid In Belize ...
Perhaps.

But, key worked after I sorted previous install of 2016 that wouldn't go away. The issue was had changed my sad, installed clean won 10, alas not clean. Office kept popping up as 2pq6. Ended up uninstalling, reg clean, reboot, reg clean reboot, install.

After adding key code all ok.

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
Libre & Open Office have pretty awful UI compared to Word. Bearing in mind you can get a valid perpetual Office Pro Plus 2021 licence for about £50.00. Plus you get Outlook!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back