Lots of travelling, meeting lot's of people and I always ask! And you know what? It's amazing how many people have never heard of MotorhomeFun! (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
This is a new sticker, I just got 10,000 of them on rolls. Its just an indestructable weatherproof permanant small, just 50mm square sticker. But its a grafitti sticker of the kind that you see stuck all over from other clubs on Aire wastepoints, and campsite office windows. :D. I'll be dolling these out soon.

View attachment 887944
Appreciate this is a graffiti sticker, so space is a premium, however, seems a common tool these days is a QR code which takes you straight to the web site. Us young lefties ( not 70 for another month) don’t like to put the effort in of entering MotorhomeFun.co.uk :LOL:(y)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I was at Upton on Severn last weekend.

There was a Flare MH parked on the campsite with the yellow smiley face sticker.

As walking past the lady was coming out. So I stopped and said hello

We were chatting and I asked her about the sticker and being a funster.

On no she replied it was on the van when we bought it . We not members we were not sure what it was

We even though a maybe some type of swingers club.

BUT you've left it on there .?

Yes but we keep the door locked :rofl:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was at Upton on Severn last weekend.

There was a Flare MH parked on the campsite with the yellow smiley face sticker.

As walking past the lady was coming out. So I stopped and said hello

We were chatting and I asked her about the sticker and being a funster.

On no she replied it was on the van when we bought it . We not members we were not sure what it was

We even though a maybe some type of swingers club.

BUT you've left it on there .?

Yes but we keep the door locked :rofl:
This is the standard reply we get when they obviously don't want to be bothered with you.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Not a fan of stickers on my motorhome ....though I often wonder how many of the motorhomes I see on the road are MHF members.

I am tempted to add Motorhome Fun UK Member over the top of the Brownhills sticker on my reg plate ..... SWMS has a cricut machine so it will look professional .... If I can get into her good books..?

I see a 'Side Hustle' forming.
Our Glorious Leader, respectfully, please take note!

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Christine,

I see a 'Side Hustle' forming.
Our Glorious Leader, respectfully, please take note!
I think His Illustratious One already has it on his, from a photo he recently published ....assuming he had the number plate made up though ....

I would have thought the craft weekend workshop warriors would be turning them out by the hundreds by now ... Or are they busy knitting motorhome hats for His Majesties letterboxes..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
We’re heading off today for the first time since I put the fun stickers on, front, rear and hab door, always found most people to be very friendly close to where we park, it’ll be interesting to see if the stickers pull a wider audience in ? Were prepared for any questions, I’ll be pointing the men towards the servicing, maintaining and bare breasted cartoon sections while the wife concentrates on the cooking cleaning and washing sections 🤣 I’ll report back with any new members we’ve recruited or put off 🤣

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
We’re heading off today for the first time since I put the fun stickers on, front, rear and hab door, always found most people to be very friendly close to where we park, it’ll be interesting to see if the stickers pull a wider audience in ? Were prepared for any questions, I’ll be pointing the men towards the servicing, maintaining and bare breasted cartoon sections while the wife concentrates on the cooking cleaning and washing sections 🤣 I’ll report back with any new members we’ve recruited or put off 🤣
Well you've just upset both male and female members by you job allocation put your tin hat on :rofl:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Got that response too, not usually surprised, but this was on a brand new van, maybe I wasn't posh enough 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Got that response too, not usually surprised, but this was on a brand new van, maybe I wasn't posh enough 🤣

she came across as polite and friendly
2 cute spaniels

If someone doesn't want to talk I'm not bothered I wouldn't recognise the lady again even if she spoke to me

I have to have a reason to remember someone and a hook I only kew what the van was because I walked past ot twice a day and its written in big letters on the back :rofl:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The thread is about me being amazed at how many people have genuinely never heard of MotorhomeFun and what I can do to get the word out.
No different to how many Londoners had no idea they were going to have to change there car or pay 12,50 despite constant attempts to enlighten them if the ulez was introduced.
It is like it with most things.

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Update so far…. We arrived about 3pm yesterday and there were 2 others here, we exchanged a couple of glances and a hello in passing while taking the dog a walk, didn’t spot any funster stickers on either ☹️ thought we me might get a comment on our stickers today but when we woke at 9am both Motorhomes were gone 😱 we’re now wondering if it was our stickers that frightened them off 🤣🤣 hopefully things will improve over the next 6 nights 😁

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Update so far…. We arrived about 3pm yesterday and there were 2 others here, we exchanged a couple of glances and a hello in passing while taking the dog a walk, didn’t spot any funster stickers on either ☹️ thought we me might get a comment on our stickers today but when we woke at 9am both Motorhomes were gone 😱 we’re now wondering if it was our stickers that frightened them off 🤣🤣 hopefully things will improve over the next 6 nights 😁
That's what happens when we draw onto an Aire :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back