Let's get Frankie back on the road (2 Viewers)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks to Jim for setting up and to Frankie for being such an all round ‘good egg’.
Hope to catch up with you in person sometime Frankie!

Feb 8, 2023
Rainhill
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 Sun Ti
Exp
moho since 2012
Thanks to Jim for setting up and to Frankie for being such an all round ‘good egg’.
Hope to catch up with you in person sometime Frankie!

Jim's a miracle worker, btw I'm afflicted by a bald patch. :LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I bet that was pre Brexit...

JJ :cool:
I did mine some years ago but when I had travelled to the UK . I have given up on uk to Eu or eu to Uk with anyone except autodoc . They deliver to me when I am in the UK the same as they deliver to me here in Spain.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We're thrilled that this is going to happen for you yodeli

Perhaps we might get to meet you next year. We are "treizists " and if our team go up and Olympique don't then we will be playing in Toulouse. Hopefully at the Stade Ernest Wallon

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Nope! Max has gone and I'm not supposed to see him before the 3rd of May.
Then I will have to take it to the mechanic to have the injectors tared. Then....... MOT and hopefully he should be back on the road. My worst nightmare right now is that while doing the job the welder discovers something else .... not doable. I'm terrified it doesn't end the way it's meant to. And I don't dare to give a call to the Boss!
I know ...I'm a worrier. I'm trying hard to think everything will be alright, but now and then I can't help being pessimistic!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Then I will have to take it to the mechanic to have the injectors tared. Then....... MOT and hopefully he should be back on the road. My worst nightmare right now is that while doing the job the welder discovers something else .... not doable. I'm terrified it doesn't end the way it's meant to. And I don't dare to give a call to the Boss!
I know ...I'm a worrier. I'm trying hard to think everything will be alright, but now and then I can't help being pessimistic!
Don’t worry, any welder worth his salt will sort it. Now go and find your optimism again😜

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
yodeli Nous serrons les pouces pour toi

It's the French equivalent of crossing fingers

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Je pense que Max ira bien, ils feront le travail et le rendront comme neuf. Ensuite, les injecteurs passeront le contrôle technique et Frankie et Max seront à nouveau libres de se déplacer. Tout simplement merveilleux

😘

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello everybody!!

Mister Max is back home. The welder has finished the work on the chassis and the side sills yesterday. The pics are not in the right order but still you can see the state before and after . The red stuff is the product that treats the rust in depth. After the welding he put something on . Sorry I can't recall the french word for it ... It's very well known but it just escapes me right now! And then put Blackson on . They had a few surprises as I feared! Especially with the side sills that looked like lace under the
running boards (google translate word!).
They also had a breakdown with the lifter? bridge? I don't know what you call it, just with Max on, while working on it! Very unlucky!
The bill ended up a tad over what I expected, but no worry much left to do all the rest! So again thanks all indeed!!!
Here is a link to the pics the boss made! So you can see how the money has been used

It only lasts till the 8th of May

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
yodeli

Frankie!!! C'est une excellente nouvelle et comme c'est merveilleux de savoir que Max est de retour et se prépare à vous servir, je suis tellement heureux. Espérons que le reste des réparations, puis le contrôle de la TMO, seront rapides et indolores. Toute la communauté Fun est heureuse pour vous.

😘😘😘

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Max must get his MOT ... first ! So it's half way now. Let's hope the controller will be happy with the work!
J'ai vu le travail, il passera certainement son MOT avec cette qualité, espérons juste que le reste de Max naviguera à travers l'examen.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Looking back at the "black money" explanaition. Have heard it called that by others, but can be used for both sides of the coin. Bribery when paying off an official, and extortion when an official demands a bribe to let something happen. It's a complicated thing language

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I remember a manager who expected his bottom drawer filled with a bottle .if you didn't put a bottle of something alcoholic you did get well paid work.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Looking back at the "black money" explanaition. Have heard it called that by others, but can be used for both sides of the coin. Bribery when paying off an official, and extortion when an official demands a bribe to let something happen. It's a complicated thing language

Under UK bribery legislation so-called "facilitation payments" to foreign officials e.g. to speed up approvals are also offences.

I remember being in the Customs hall at Kano international airport, when a Nigerian Customs Officer put out his hand for a "dash" payment to give my suitcase his chalk mark. The amusing part is that I was standing next to a High Court Judge at the time.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Under UK bribery legislation so-called "facilitation payments" to foreign officials e.g. to speed up approvals are also offences.

I remember being in the Customs hall at Kano international airport, when a Nigerian Customs Officer put out his hand for a "dash" payment to give my suitcase his chalk mark. The amusing part is that I was standing next to a High Court Judge at the time.
I had the same by all sorts of 'officials' at Algiers airport on frequent business trips before getting out of the airport. I was tipped off by a colleague to ask: "Do you smoke?" and kept half a dozen packs of Marlborough in my briefcase for such occasions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back