Latest update 2022 (1 Viewer)

foxy1884

Free Member
Aug 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dont own ome yet
Latest episode in the saga of Adria Twin on order, is : they can’t do the 160 engine now-
Having had to change the colour which was ok, I was called last night by the dealer to say Fiat aren’t doing the 160 engine!
Very odd, as it is one of three that they have changed to for 2022!
Discussions with dealer to continue today-
Saddest part of this is, all the excitement of getting this vehicle has now completely gone and it’s now a chore- not what it should be about really!

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
It will be worth it! A right pain though. I just saw a post by minxy saying she was stopped by the beach in Portugal, paddling with the dogs...Yes please! We are waiting for delivery of a new van and it, too has been delayed three times. We now have a chassis number, so perhaps progress is being made ??🫣 Currently told late May......
Anyway, best of luck with yours.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Latest episode in the saga of Adria Twin on order, is : they can’t do the 160 engine now-
Having had to change the colour which was ok, I was called last night by the dealer to say Fiat aren’t doing the 160 engine!
Saddest part of this is, all the excitement of getting this vehicle has now completely gone and it’s now a chore- not what it should be about really!
Have they indicated what engine you might be getting, as I have paid for the 160 upgrade on my order. Might be worth going for the 180 if that option is available.

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Just a thought, rather than abandon our plans, ours sold very quickly, so we bought a second hand motorhome to allow us to weather the wait for our new one. (We felt strangely bereft when it went!). I am glad we have one, as deliveries of new ones is verrry patchy at best.
We will sell this one when we are certain our new one has a believable date. I don't think we will lose a penny on it in the current market.
If you buy one, you could enjoy the summer... Time flies, as they say.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Stay positive. Day 2 of your van and you will have forgotten all this aggro so just go with the flow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

foxy1884

Free Member
Aug 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dont own ome yet
Have they indicated what engine you might be getting, as I have paid for the 160 upgrade on my order. Might be worth going for the 180 if that option is available.
Apparently I can choose the 140 or the 180 and I agree with you- just depends on how much more.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
If a manufacturer has parts supply issues, it makes sense to reduce the range of options available. They'll have lots of 'work in progress' (part built) vehicles sitting stuffed out parking lots, waiting on parts before they can be shipped. The less variety they have, the easier it is to keep the WIP backlog of vehicles low.

The 140bhp is required for the auto gearbox. And the largest vans need the 180bhp. So I guess deleting the 160bhp made sense.

I've gone from an old Euro 4 PVC with a 120bhp engine to an a-class with a Euro 6D 150bhp (pre adblue). The new van only weighs about 200kg more, I've just got more frontal area to deal with. The engine apparently has 25% more torque and 25% more power with a much wider torque band. I was expecting it to perform at least as well. Yet it's slower accelerating, requires more drops to 5th to keep it going up the hills. It does only 29mpg, even when I've got the cruise set to 55mph. I used to bomb along at 70mph all the time in the old one and still get 30mpg. The older engine had a pretty narrow torque band, which made it feel quite perky. Maybe the broader torque hides that effect, but it just feels breathless all the time.

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Apparently I can choose the 140 or the 180 and I agree with you- just depends on how much more.
Well at least you have a choice. I went for the 160 but couldn't justify the extra for 180. I did query Highbridge re my Rapido Dreamer order a few weeks back when the 160hp engine option delete was mentioned by a fellow Funster, but they claimed no knowledge of any change affecting my order. I have now asked again for an update. If I have to make the same choice now I will probably opt to upgrade and just pay the difference.

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Just had a reply back from Highbridge this morning and yes they have confirmed many of their orders are affected by the withdrawl of the 160hp. However according to them my Rapido Dreamer is at 'chassis fixed status' still showing the 160hp. They think it may depend when the original order was placed. Whilst I ordered mine in August 21 it was already a dealer order way before that and as soon as I paid the deposit the price was fixed. Who knows when and what I end up with!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
FWIW - my 2017 Citroen based PVC came with a 2.0 HDi 130bhp engine - though not, by any means a driving expert, I've not found it underpowered... but then, I don't tend to be in any rush.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
FWIW - my 2017 Citroen based PVC came with a 2.0 HDi 130bhp engine - though not, by any means a driving expert, I've not found it underpowered... but then, I don't tend to be in any rush.
To be honest I would not refuse the van if it turned up with a 140 but a few extra hp is always handy. If it turned up without auto I might still accept but sell on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back