KS energy battery - strange "sleep mode" after 8 weeks of no use (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
It is actually a typical mode set on most Lithiums.

I have a friend with a KS Energy battery that goes to sleep when the load is low. And when I say "low", I mean he is still using power (some lights on) but not enough for the battery to stay awake.
He now leaves the inverter switched on standby to deliberately waste power by having a load large enough for the battery to stay awake. Previously (before I fitted the inverter), he would end up turning on all the lights to create enough load.
Rediculous situation where you have to waste battery power in order to be able to continue using the battery.

Alpha Batteries have the sleep mode disabled in the BMS settings for the batteries they stock. It is not a feature that in a Recreation product such as a Motorhome or Boat that you want really.
We are having similar problems, power turning off after no activity, left inverter on overnight and power stayed on.

Going to contact KS to see if they can disable this sleep function

OP
OP
Pebble99
Oct 26, 2013
Reading
Funster No
MH
Globecar PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We are having similar problems, power turning off after no activity, left inverter on overnight and power stayed on.

Going to contact KS to see if they can disable this sleep function
Ok let us know what they say. Mine keeps doing it after a couple of weeks of non use of the van (all electric devices turned off). As mentioned before, it wakes up as soon as I connect to EHU.

Jan 4, 2023
North Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise carrera 4
Exp
Since 2011
Our KS only went to sleep because it went flat! The Bluetooth app showed 80%, then dropped to nothing. I have since fitted a renogy shunt and the charge state is totally accurate. 120ah high output battery, runs our microwave at 120amps perfectly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back