Key code problems (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeot 1.9 2001
Hi all I have a starfire 1.9 motorhome and the key code light comes on now and again and it will not start can any body please help?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had that problem and it was caused by having the coded key for another vehicle on the same ring .. removed the other key and it was fine ..

apparently the signal that detects the key code can become confused if more that one coded key is on the ring when it does the handshake

as I understand, this has nothing to do with the key battery .. that is just for the remote opening / closing ..

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I had that problem and it was caused by having the coded key for another vehicle on the same ring .. removed the other key and it was fine ..

apparently the signal that detects the key code can become confused if more that one coded key is on the ring when it does the handshake

as I understand, this has nothing to do with the key battery .. that is just for the remote opening / closing ..

It can be the same if you have your 'other vehicles'? keys in your pocket.
As Jim says, it confuses the signals.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had a motorhome with a sigma alarm, if left to long and try to start it we would get the code light come on, the method we used was to press alarm button to y alarm and the it would start.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back