Keeping Fit (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2021
Burntwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Mclouis fusion 331
Exp
How do fellow members keep fit and active. Especially this time of year when the weather is so wet and cold

Paul

OP
OP
P
Sep 25, 2021
Burntwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Mclouis fusion 331
Exp
A round of golf a couple of times a week or a good walk is the most I can manage

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Cycling outdoors + indoor exercise bike. Borrow a dog sometimes. Kayaking every weekend, + pool time once a week.
General busyness most days.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Gym/Pool almost everyday. An exercise routine in the pool keeps me supple, controls weight, without too much stress on knees and hips.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
A round of golf a couple of times a week or a good walk is the most I can manage
You're lucky, our golf course is flooded and closed most days. I try to keep active around the house / garage but it's hard when the weather is poor.

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
20/30 mins daily on the rowing machine and general pottering around, I average 8000 steps per day just doing 'nothing' and 10/12,000 when out and about ...

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Where I live in the North West itā€™s been the worst, wet winter I have know. I usually get a couple of rounds of golf in per week but course has been closed more than itā€™s been open. So walking my dog & then my daughters dog is my only exercise.

OP
OP
P
Sep 25, 2021
Burntwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Mclouis fusion 331
Exp
Where I live in the North West itā€™s been the worst, wet winter I have know. I usually get a couple of rounds of golf in per week but course has been closed more than itā€™s been open. So walking my dog & then my daughters dog is my only exercise.
Our course has good drainage but it's closed today therefore a good walk around the neighbourhood.
I have lived in the local area all my life but a lot of housing development has happened over the last few years and I'm discovering places I didn't know existed.

Paul

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Our course has good drainage but it's closed today therefore a good walk around the neighbourhood.
I have lived in the local area all my life but a lot of housing development has happened over the last few years and I'm discovering places I didn't know existed.

Paul
Ours drains well with it being on a hillside, but that presents the problem of golfers slipping on the course, so it gets closed šŸ˜”

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
30 minutes keep fit with Handsome Julio every day! Iā€™ve been doing it for four years now!

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
3 times a week I do Zumba Gold workouts, 45 minutes each. With hand dumbells for muscle toning. Once a week I do the Jane Fonda Prime Time "Fit and Strong" workout, also with weights. These workouts that include stretches and balance exercises are all designed for over-50s, men and women, any starting fitness level. They are on DVD so I can exercise indoors and I don't need to pay a subscription. It began as my own structured programme to deal with Long Covid cardio complications, during lockdowns, and it worked. I am probably fitter and stronger today than at age 60.

I also go to dance classes and events 3 or 4 times a week. Good exercise for body and mind.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
All very impressive. I do an hour chair yoga each week. Canā€™t get down or up for normal yoga. Pottering round the house, bit of gardening. Used to like swimming but since covid our municipal pool is bookable sessions only. 45 miinutes either very early in the morning or lunch time. So no good at all. Nearest ā€œprivateā€ pool needs monthly subscription that I donā€™t think would be cost effective.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Most weekends I go out on the bike regardless. I just have be dressed to get wet and muddy. Sealskinz socks with chemical toe warmers keeps my piggies from getting painfully cold. Thermal tights with trail shorts over the top, several layers. Good gloves that work when they're wet. And sometimes a cap under the helmet and a neck tube. Just have to keep moving. And break my teeth on my energy bars that have gone rock hard.

In the week, or weekends when the weather is really blowy, I'll put the bike on the smart trainer and do virtual rides in Zwift. Between the real world and virtual, I've been clocking 100km a week most of the way through winter.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Always working around the house, walking daughter's dog, go Lyndy Hop dancing that's very energetic.
Today I got the bike out for the first time in ages did 14 miles, took a very hilly road over the downs to Seyning, good job it's an e-bike I wouldn't have made on an ordinary one.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Very fast 6 & 4 mile walks and eating relatively healthy.šŸ‘
I don't think many people realise how much exercise it takes. An hour on the bike trainer of hard breathing effort, leaving sweat on the floor despite running two fans, only burns 500kcal. It's easier to just not eat that cheeky pudding at lunch time.

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
40 min aerobic walk every morning.
Get the heart rate up to over 120 / 130 for at least 30 mins.
Usuaully fast walk around 4 km's
Helps to keep blood pressure down as well as lose a "bit" of that tummy that seems to just pop up!

I'm also on my feet all day with work. Average around 13,000 steps a day.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Always working around the house, walking daughter's dog, go Lyndy Hop dancing that's very energetic.
Today I got the bike out for the first time in ages did 14 miles, took a very hilly road over the downs to Seyning, good job it's an e-bike I wouldn't have made on an ordinary one.
Lyndy Hop - impressive! (y)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Most weekends I go out on the bike regardless. I just have be dressed to get wet and muddy. Sealskinz socks with chemical toe warmers keeps my piggies from getting painfully cold. Thermal tights with trail shorts over the top, several layers. Good gloves that work when they're wet. And sometimes a cap under the helmet and a neck tube. Just have to keep moving. And break my teeth on my energy bars that have gone rock hard.

In the week, or weekends when the weather is really blowy, I'll put the bike on the smart trainer and do virtual rides in Zwift. Between the real world and virtual, I've been clocking 100km a week most of the way through winter.
With all that Lycra on I bet you look absolutely divine daaahling! ;)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I don't think many people realise how much exercise it takes. An hour on the bike trainer of hard breathing effort, leaving sweat on the floor despite running two fans, only burns 500kcal. It's easier to just not eat that cheeky pudding at lunch time.
Yes ,I read that the average 2,500 calorie intake daily for a person needs a 26 mile walk just to burn that off. As you say better not to eat the stuff.

Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
I do an online cross fit class 3 times a week, row 2km daily on my Concept2 and cycle 2-3 times a week depending on weather.

Mar 10, 2022
South wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic

Same here, I Zwift twice a week in winter but go out for a proper ride either on the mtb or road bike with the local tri club at the weekend šŸ‘šŸ¼

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
5 Les Mills gym classes per week, sometimes 6. Itā€™s a mix of Spin, step, bodypump, bodycombat and legs, bums and tums classes. Each one is a hour.

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Targeted 1000 miles walking this year...specific walks, not including wandering around shops garden house etc. Did it 3 yrs ago and felt so much better at the end of the year.

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
I do the dishes instead of using the dishwasher...........phew, exhausted!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back