Just made some window security catches - (1 Viewer)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I have a variety of these fitted to the windows, with the larger windows having 2. Wont stop a determined thift, but might make em walk to an easier target that mine. It’s all visual deterrents and makes me happier too.

If they did get in, good luck facing our guard dog, as it could be messy😄

AshVanBitz

Funster
Aug 7, 2018
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1989
Most of these extra clips and/or locks sold across the market are gimmicks. They are there to provide a little peace of mind but they do not work, they just leave a trail of damage by the time the thief gets into the vehicle. At the end of the day you can’t stop everyone and there will always be one idiot somewhere who is willing to give it a go. Slowing him/her down is all you can do and having some sort of defence (after the fact) that can alert others in the area to what has happened (hopefully scaring the thief away at the same time).

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Most of these extra clips and/or locks sold across the market are gimmicks. They are there to provide a little peace of mind but they do not work, they just leave a trail of damage by the time the thief gets into the vehicle. At the end of the day you can’t stop everyone and there will always be one idiot somewhere who is willing to give it a go. Slowing him/her down is all you can do and having some sort of defence (after the fact) that can alert others in the area to what has happened (hopefully scaring the thief away at the same time).
I understand your point BUT if they choose their way in is to snap the handles by 'tugging', then some 'gimmicks' won't actually add to the damage !

I refer the honourable member to my previous post,

I think Lenny HB might have a solution far better than mine for that situation.

I don't think you can ever stop them getting in, just making it more difficult to get in and ensuring if they do get in they don't stay long (alarm sensors to detect movement), I'm sure AshVanBitz might have a solution that encourages them to leave PDQ !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AshVanBitz

Funster
Aug 7, 2018
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1989
The problem is there isn’t a solution that works properly and/or prevents the thief from getting in. Plastic windows crack and snap, glass windows smash. Sensors on the windows that are tied into alarms again do not prevent a break-in as the window needs to open before it can trigger. Plus the majority of sensors used are wireless and they can be blocked with ease (and this goes for all the alarms fitted out on the market that are obd plug and play systems).
The only option I would recommend is to have something that is visibly bold and makes a statement. If installed correctly with the right options, an alarm can massively reduce the amount of idiots that would attempt to attack your vehicle. By showing them your vehicle has something different to all the others, hopefully that will make them move on to the next vehicle. If they still do not get the message then make sure you have multiple sirens pointing in all directions to push a wall of sound straight in there face.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back