Is there a finer more beautiful place? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So I'm heading on down to Porec Croatia to race Ironman 70.3 on Sunday.
The only reason I was allowed to go was if I agreed to make it a holiday and have a bit of a tour down.

I tried bloggin on the thingy here but couldn't quite get the hang of it.

So we started with a night in Dover, headed to Maastricht for a night a d a look around, it was OK.
Headed through Germany 🇩🇪 with a stop in Kitzingen. Lovely little place, nice aire nice town but dead as dodo 🦤

Then headed for Salzburg for a couple of nights.....

Wow, what a place, ive been to many European cities but this place ? Phew..what a place....
I love Austria 🇦🇹 and Germany 🇩🇪 on the whole but Salzburg is on another level..

Tomorrow we head for Ljubljana, wonder what that offers.....

New van is beyond brilliant.....

20231009_130133.jpg
20231009_120736.jpg
20231009_121553.jpg

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
So I'm heading on down to Porec Croatia to race Ironman 70.3 on Sunday.
The only reason I was allowed to go was if I agreed to make it a holiday and have a bit of a tour down.

I tried bloggin on the thingy here but couldn't quite get the hang of it.

So we started with a night in Dover, headed to Maastricht for a night a d a look around, it was OK.
Headed through Germany 🇩🇪 with a stop in Kitzingen. Lovely little place, nice aire nice town but dead as dodo 🦤

Then headed for Salzburg for a couple of nights.....

Wow, what a place, ive been to many European cities but this place ? Phew..what a place....
I love Austria 🇦🇹 and Germany 🇩🇪 on the whole but Salzburg is on another level..

Tomorrow we head for Ljubljana, wonder what that offers.....

New van is beyond brilliant.....

View attachment 820999View attachment 821000View attachment 821001
If you pass Trieste, say hi to my cousins, hoping to go in April for my aunties 90th

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We were in Salzburg about 6 weeks ago. As a city, I wasn't that wowed. However, if you're heading back again that way, I'd highly recommend a visit to the brewery tap in Salzburg. One of the most astonishing ale houses I've ever been in. Oompah band in one room, old folks tea dance in another, full on rave in another room, live rock band in another, with everyone of every age all downing litre ceramic jugs of ale. Beer garden outside and various food options. I reckon on an ordinary Tuesday night in September there must have been well over 1000 punters in there, mostly local.

Beer straight from the barrel, and communal water fountain for rinsing out the jugs between rounds. We'd had spent a few days previously in Munich's beer halls but this was in another league.

Broken Link Removed

Also visited Ljubljana last month. Compact quirky city. Lovely along the water front and the streets a row or two back. Lot's of good quality street food. Also visited the Metelkova alternative arts quarter - lots of interesting street art and an alternative music scene. Not to everyone's taste though.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
We were in Salzburg about 6 weeks ago. As a city, I wasn't that wowed. However, if you're heading back again that way, I'd highly recommend a visit to the brewery tap in Salzburg. One of the most astonishing ale houses I've ever been in. Oompah band in one room, old folks tea dance in another, full on rave in another room, live rock band in another, with everyone of every age all downing litre ceramic jugs of ale. Beer garden outside and various food options. I reckon on an ordinary Tuesday night in September there must have been well over 1000 punters in there, mostly local.

Beer straight from the barrel, and communal water fountain for rinsing out the jugs between rounds. We'd had spent a few days previously in Munich's beer halls but this was in another league.

Broken Link Removed

Also visited Ljubljana last month. Compact quirky city. Lovely along the water front and the streets a row or two back. Lot's of good quality street food. Also visited the Metelkova alternative arts quarter - lots of interesting street art and an alternative music scene. Not to everyone's taste though.
The Augustiner Braustubl is one of the best. We had an amazing night there. If staying at the Salzburg Stellplatz the 21 bus stops outside and passes the Augustiner. Great food, beer, atmosphere and music.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We went to Saltzburg a few years ago,but not in the motorhome .
We loved it there,what an interesting city. There was so much to see and do.

Especially enjoyed a visit to the Augustiner Brewery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back