Is there a cost effective alternative to the Maxxair extractor (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I nearly feel of my chair when I see how much the Maxxair cost.
I would like to fit an extractor and a matching vent at opposing ends of my motorhome but can justify the £500ish they are advertised for.

Help would be much appreciated

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Having one fitted on Monday here in Cartagena. €600 all in. Worth it for the wife's peace of mind when we leave the dogs alone for long periods this summer.
(We've never had an issue with the van getting too hot in our absence (we have min-max thermometers) but I've never been able to stop the woman fretting!!)

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Having one fitted on Monday here in Cartagena. €600 all in. Worth it for the wife's peace of mind when we leave the dogs alone for long periods this summer.
(We've never had an issue with the van getting too hot in our absence (we have min-max thermometers) but I've never been able to stop the woman fretting!!)
They are brilliant Nigel....over the past week we have been sleeping with ours on 10%. Very little battery power used to power them...the air out setting is most effective, with the window on the shady, cooler side on the van left on first catch to allow air to be drawn in.....
Too many users believe that blowing warm outside air into the van helps...but extracting warm are does..

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Cartagena. €600 all in. Worth it for the wife's peace of mind when we leave the dogs alone for long periods this summer.
Yes I used to leave mine on auto so when the roof got to 26º it started auto matically for our dog.
You just need to remember to turn'auto ' off when travelling as it sucks out the cold air from A/C in cab:doh:

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They are brilliant Nigel....over the past week we have been sleeping with ours on 10%. Very little battery power used to power them...the air out setting is most effective, with the window on the shady, cooler side on the van left on first catch to allow air to be drawn in.....
Too many users believe that blowing warm outside air into the van helps...but extracting warm are does..
We found extract was best for the daytime but at night the cool air pulled in off the roof was divine 🥰

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Think I'll replace the kitchen fan with one this summer, we'll be leaving Bod in the van sometimes ❤️🙏

20240413_174738.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yes I used to leave mine on auto so when the roof got to 26º it started auto matically for our dog.
You just need to remember to turn'auto ' off when travelling as it sucks out the cold air from A/C in cab:doh:
Hi Richard...we haven't had much experience with driving whilst the Maxxfan is working..
So do you turn off the Maxxfan and keep the vehicle air con going or visa versa....

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back