IQ Mobile reviews? vs RWG and Popit (2 Viewers)

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi, looking at some of the challenges people are having with the RWG SIM cards I wondered if anyone is using IQ mobile? they offer a 3 month data only sim with 100gb a month for £60 and an IQgo sim with annual fee and monthly data as required. Can use all the data EU roaming Seems to use EE as a provider in the UK. According to their help whatsapp they use Orange and Bouygues but not SFR./ With Orange listed as best network coverage for France that should be OK.
Any comments?

https://helloiq.co.uk/collections/iq-go

https://helloiq.co.uk/collections/mobile-simonly/products/100gb-data-only

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Looks a good deal if you need a lot of data in Europe.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Has anyone tried this sim? They offer a package designed for motorhomes called IQ GO.
Basically the sim costs £20 per annum and you buy monthly data when required eg 100gb for £20 with unlimited EU roaming. Maximum use for 3 months before use again in UK.
Sounds interesting, any feedback anyone?

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I’ve just been in touch with IQ. Quick response, apparently the sim comes pre-activated and should just operate when installed in a mifi. The purchase of data add-ons is quick and worst case would be only a couple of hours. I’m tempted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Seems like more companies are coming out without restrictions on data in Europe, I've just gone for RWG (didn't know of any issues though to be fair!) but this looks nice and simple to cancel and re-use without canceling your whole contract.

OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
That's what I am hoping for = there seem to be several companies realising that there is a gap in the market for flexible solutions and don't try to charge stupid prices for the privilege. Just wish they put more effort into making their features nice and clear on their website (RWG)

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I received my sim in a couple of days and purchasing./loading my 100gb data tomorrow. Using a Huawei mifi so will keep you posted on any settings required
Thanks, I’m really interested in this deal. It suits my usage

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Logged into my IQ account, bought the IQ Go 100gb data pack for the IQ Go sim already received and after a restart it was up running in a couple of minutes. The SIM card I was using previously was an EE card so all apn settings were the same. Will provide another update when I get to France on Sunday.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Has anyone tried this sim? They offer a package designed for motorhomes called IQ GO.
Basically the sim costs £20 per annum and you buy monthly data when required eg 100gb for £20 with unlimited EU roaming. Maximum use for 3 months before use again in UK.
Sounds interesting, any feedback anyone?
Does that mean if you use the full 3 months in the EU you need to purchase a 4th month to show UK usage?

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I don’t know, but from their website I assume that after 3 months your data will stop. Their data contracts are on a monthly or three monthly basis with no carry over. Further data purchase would not allow EU roaming and you would not be able to access data in the EU unless you can show usage in the UK. I suspect that is a condition applied by the EE network? It is not something of concern to me but I’m sure their chat line can clarify.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Mark McG How is the sim working? Any issues in France?
When you ordered the 100gb data pack was it uploaded by IQ onto your IQ GO sim account or did they send a new sim? How long from the time you ordered to when you could access the data? Did you have to use the sim in the UK before arriving in France?
Looking forward to your feedback.
I trust your trip is going well.

OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Mark McG How is the sim working? Any issues in France?
When you ordered the 100gb data pack was it uploaded by IQ onto your IQ GO sim account or did they send a new sim? How long from the time you ordered to when you could access the data? Did you have to use the sim in the UK before arriving in France?
Looking forward to your feedback.
I trust your trip is going well.
Hi, so far no problems with the sim in France , 4G in most places. I ordered the IQGo data sim and about a week later added the data pack. The data became live less than 5 minutes of the order. I did all this prior to heading to France. Apn settings are ee and listed on theor website.
Weather is extremely mixed at the minute!! Rain - Sun - Heavy rain - lovely sun !!!

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I've been googling around to find a replacement for my Tiekom sim (remember them!). This looks bespoke for 90 day EU holidays, why else would they offer a 3 month package. Good deal for our level of data need and they sell a similar ZTE router the MU5001 without the aerial connections to my MU5002. So all should be good. The £20 annual fee is a clever idea as well, saves all that messing around turning "auto renew" on and off (Smarty). Best fit for our needs so I'll be buying. Thanks Mark McG for the heads up.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The IQ go looks good but has anyone checked speeds in a Mifi or router?
I have an RWP one and my phone has a Plusnet sim both on EE both very poor performance in a Mifi.
I get 7 to 11 mb/s in Mifi tried in both a Huawei 5577 and Teltonika RUT950 both the same but both sim's in my phone give 35 to 95mb/s.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
The IQ go looks good but has anyone checked speeds in a Mifi or router?
I have an RWP one and my phone has a Plusnet sim both on EE both very poor performance in a Mifi.
I get 7 to 11 mb/s in Mifi tried in both a Huawei 5577 and Teltonika RUT950 both the same but both sim's in my phone give 35 to 95mb/s.
Interesting point. Hope we get an answer before I buy! As a matter of interest we were at East Fleet Farm near Weymouth last weekend and the free campsite wifi was a better speed than my Smarty sim in the rooftop aerial router. Never happened before but very welcome. Full service pitch was £34 pn, good value as well, excellent shower block, bar and cafe.

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I use Popit and ID..been very good.BUSBY.
hi how do you get on with the id sim ,,do you use it all the time here and eu,? i just ordered one yesterday had to set up d/d to pay it but i only need it some months when on hols ,,is it easy to cancel, and re connect ,or do you have to go through all the stuff again ,,thanks

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
hi how do you get on with the id sim ,,do you use it all the time here and eu,? i just ordered one yesterday had to set up d/d to pay it but i only need it some months when on hols ,,is it easy to cancel, and re connect ,or do you have to go through all the stuff again ,,thanks
On a contract with ID so use it all the time.In uk in my home it's my only source of Internet.. Unused data each month rolls over,got 480 gbs on one phone. BUSBY.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi all,
I am starting this thread again as it is nearly a year since and I am about to order an iQgo sim as although not the cheapest solution does seem to be designed for our usage. I use an ID sim at home £15 per month for unlimited data which for me with an external aerial is fantastic. But they have a very small European Roaming allowance and although some seem to get more I don’t want to rely on that.
So, back to iQgo. How have you found it? We probably use the van 9 months of the year so that would cost £200 just a bit more than my £15 a month deal and I think we can get by with 100gB while travelling.
If you use the data within the month do they notify you so you can buy another bundle or just run on to their standard (very high) basic charge.
If you started your bundle on say the 1st of the month then you run out on say 25th of the month and buy another bundle, does it then reset to 30 days from the 25th etc.
Is there a discount for Fun members. I know Jim said they were advertising in the magazine I would have thought it would be well worth it for them as their offering is designed very much for this membership.
Any other comments would be very useful as I need to make a decision in the next week.
Thanks 😊

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi all,
I am starting this thread again as it is nearly a year since and I am about to order an iQgo sim as although not the cheapest solution does seem to be designed for our usage. I use an ID sim at home £15 per month for unlimited data which for me with an external aerial is fantastic. But they have a very small European Roaming allowance and although some seem to get more I don’t want to rely on that.
So, back to iQgo. How have you found it? We probably use the van 9 months of the year so that would cost £200 just a bit more than my £15 a month deal and I think we can get by with 100gB while travelling.
If you use the data within the month do they notify you so you can buy another bundle or just run on to their standard (very high) basic charge.
If you started your bundle on say the 1st of the month then you run out on say 25th of the month and buy another bundle, does it then reset to 30 days from the 25th etc.
Is there a discount for Fun members. I know Jim said they were advertising in the magazine I would have thought it would be well worth it for them as their offering is designed very much for this membership.
Any other comments would be very useful as I need to make a decision in the next week.
Thanks 😊
Have alook at this thread but I don't think it's going to be any good for you Steve, just found out roaming is limited to 90 days in 12 months.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Have alook at this thread but I don't think it's going to be any good for you Steve, just found out roaming is limited to 90 days in 12 months.

Oh, that’s odd I have just read it again and it says:
We do not have a "Fair use policy" when abroad which is pretty unique. If you order 100GB, you get 100GB in UK or EU. We do however state we can't permit more than 3 months in a row EU usage without use in the UK breaking it up.
Which suggests that multiple trips are ok as long as it is used in the UK in between. I will phone them on Tuesday to confirm. Thanks Lenny HB.

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
Are you sure?
IQ Go state "You may only use abroad for 3 months back to back in the year".

You can use it for more than 3 months in a year but not more than 3 months consecutively. It is to stop permanent EU roaming.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We do not have a "Fair use policy" when abroad which is pretty unique. If you order 100GB, you get 100GB in UK or EU. We do however state we can't permit more than 3 months in a row EU usage without use in the UK breaking it up.
Which suggests that multiple trips are ok as long as it is used in the UK in between. I will phone them on Tuesday to confirm. Thanks Lenny HB.
It was what someone said on another thread so hopefully they read it wrong.
What was interesting on the thread I linked to Annie enabled while away most UK sims have to be used in the UK first.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This what they told me via WhatsApp

HI, It's 90 days in a rolling year, not a Calendar year. I.e. if you buy and use Mar 24 to Mar 25 that would be the 90 day rolling year period.

It would be good if this was wrong but not sure it would work for me as I wouldn’t be using it for 3 months in uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back