Indicator stalk. (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
The indicator stalk also works the lights (side dipped and full beam) switch, rear fog light and horn. Last year when driving I switched to full beam, all other lights went out, switch back to dipped and they all came on again. I removed the the stalk and it is sealed so tried soaking it in penetrating oil over night refitted and all goof until today. Tested the lights pre MoT and it did it again. Last year when I looked at replacement it was over £100, which for a switch I rarely use I tried the over night soak. Today while getting the thing of I broke one of the clips so I need a replacement could bodge it but think new would be best. I did a search and loads came up under £20 plus a few over £120. I have one for £15 on order and one in the garage having a bath. Delivery is by 2nd Jan, MoT 15th Jan
If you need to change one on the Renault base vehicle it is dead easy - 2 star screws, two plastic clips and a wiring connector job done.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Update - new switch fitted and tested lights all good on New Years Day. Switch it self appears well made only time will tell.

Booked MoT and decided to test lights again, all good bar one the rear fog light. Did the MoT testers tap and it worked, change bulb I thought. Well no the bulb holder to loom connector was the problem. On the light fitting the bulb holder twist fits into the lens, or rather it should, mine twisted the backing from the lens. Quick look on ebay Jokon replacement £20 including new bulb holder - hopefully problem solved.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Whoo hoo bonus - with the old stalk indicators were either on or off, new one allows the indicators to be turned on by finger before clicking to the on position. Now same as my car so I won't get confused - well not as much!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
MoT no advisories. Strange that front axle weight is 20kg more and rear 100kg more than last year with less on board?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back