I want one!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
How have I motorhomed for all these years and never got close to a Remoska before!! Currently down in Spain and borrowed my friends Remoska tonight to make a keto chicken casserole and oh my goodness it was great to use. I have convinced hubby it is an essential addition so I’m hoping they appear in the January sale unless there are any Funsters selling one?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
One of Wombles earlier finds from Lakeland themselves……..

<Broken link removed>
That does look the cheapest option at the moment but if ok to wait they do come a bit cheaper every now & again - see here for more info. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/lakeland-new-refurb-standard-2l-remoska-£74-99.253364/
There is 1% possible cashback if going via Quidco to eBay & if registered for Nectar points then an offer on eBay if you apply it which boosts them to 1100 points.

Last edited:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I have one that may well be needing a new home.
It‘s not one of the most modern ones, it’s a 2 litre-ideal for two or three, does have glass in the lid which is a must as far as most Remoska users!
I will have a look at it as last time I used it it blew the EHU but may well have not been it’s fault as the CS we were on was rather in need of modernisation!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Coolbeanz please see post #4 as added a little more since you Liked it - just in case you are considering buying now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
It‘s not one of the most modern ones, it’s a 2 litre-ideal for two or three.
I will have a look at it as last time I used it it blew the EHU but may well have not been it’s fault as the CS we were on was rather in of modernisation!
Coolbeanz please see post #4 as added a little more since you Liked it - just in case you are considering buying now.
Is that the link to the £99 2L one? I’m not in any rush as we’re in Spain until end of February!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't know how good these are but 3L version £88.99 from Amazon Amazon product ASIN B01MSAF43Q - has anyone tried one?
1639426212819.png

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
That looks interesting as it has a temperature gauge too but looks slightly more cumbersome with the handles.
Our original remoska was similar design but without temp gauge. We found the pot stand (base) awkward, sometimes difficult to lift the hot pot up and out. Also needs more storage space.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Anyone using the Remoska Tria?

Reasonable price from <Broken link removed> with vat I can get back.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It‘s not one of the most modern ones, it’s a 2 litre-ideal for two or three, does have glass in the lid which is a must as far as most Remoska users!
I will have a look at it as last time I used it it blew the EHU but may well have not been it’s fault as the CS we were on was rather in need of modernisation!
It could be faulty, we had one that put out half a French sites electric but when I tried it at home it tripped the house electric.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
How have I motorhomed for all these years and never got close to a Remoska before!! Currently down in Spain and borrowed my friends Remoska tonight to make a keto chicken casserole and oh my goodness it was great to use. I have convinced hubby it is an essential addition so I’m hoping they appear in the January sale unless there are any Funsters selling one?
They are also useful at home, we have two in the kitchen and one in the van.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I quite fancy a 2L in the motorhome and a 4L at home ::bigsmile:
I forgot about the large one that our granddaughter gave us so that’s 3 at home, rarely use the large one as there are only two of us but have used it for a casserol, more room for the dumplings.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anyone using the Remoska Tria?

Reasonable price from <Broken link removed> with vat I can get back.
It's good that Alza are shipping to UK again - it is £9.50 delivery but same charge if one or many more items so could cost in.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
What do these do that a slow cooker doesn't?

Cheers James

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If it could do a a crispy roast chicken and roast pots I would be interested.
It's ideal for us with a van conversion & no oven if on EHU pitch. Not tried roasting potatoes but makes lovely jacket ones. We use the extra rack https://www.lakeland.co.uk/search/remoska+rack to prevent soggy bottoms or a stainless steel casserole tin inside the base pan as easier to clean & not keen on food being in direct contact with aluminium pan.
The Grand will take a full stuffed chicken but the Standard may require it to be unstuffed & pushed down to squash it flatter or just use chicken portions instead. If plenty of room (e.g. at home) the Grand is ideal but Standard fine for two in the motorhome.
Searching on Remoska on here will bring up lots of feedback - only negative is that the top when hot could be awkward or maybe a bit heavy for some to handle.

Last edited:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Remoska will cook like an oven in about the same timeframe, will crisp up chicken skin and cook jacket potatoes in about 60-90 mins depends on size of potatoes.
Slow Cooker is what it says it is, ideal for stews, casseroles etc, you can cook jacket potatoes in one but will take a lot longer and you won’t get a crispy skin!

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
If it could do a a crispy roast chicken and roast pots I would be interested.

Edit. Wombles answered as I posted.(y)
Thanks.

Might not suit my needs. We did once try to cook a roast dinner in a caravan wasn't exactly a success!!

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back