I’m looking for an underslung gas tank fitter (1 Viewer)

Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
I would like to have an underslung gas tank fitted to my Peugeot Boxer camper by a qualified fitter. Can anyone recommend one that is preferably south of Birmingham, east of Bath and west of Colchester? I have spoken to Autogas 2000 in Thirsk, who sounded professional and come highly recommended, but someone a bit further south would be preferred. Thanks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry can't help, we travelled quite a way to see Charlie at Autogas. But we made a weekend of the trip. Thirsk is a nice market town, your on the edge of the Moors too. And you can end up drunk in Whitby swallowing expensive oysters. What's not to like :D

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Dave Newell at Telford
Used to offer small discount to fun but doesn't anymore

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I travelled to autogas could not fault the service

The after service was excellent when I needed help.

Would I travel 4.5hrs for fill fitting service again

Too right I would

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I would like to have an underslung gas tank fitted to my Peugeot Boxer camper by a qualified fitter. Can anyone recommend one that is preferably south of Birmingham, east of Bath and west of Colchester? I have spoken to Autogas 2000 in Thirsk, who sounded professional and come highly recommended, but someone a bit further south would be preferred. Thanks.
You will not get a more professional service and installation anywhere to better Autogas2000. Over many years we have had four installations fitted by them, both underslung tank and Alugas bottles and very happy to recommend.

As said by others, Thirsk is well worth a visit to spend a few days into the bargain

OP
OP
Notts Archer
Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for all for the replies. It looks as if I need to book a visit to Thirsk. Is there a good camp site recommend to stop at while there?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Remember that you apparently have to replace the tank after 10 years even if the Motorhome is stored indoors, checked and maintained yearly and the tank looks pristine.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Thanks for all for the replies. It looks as if I need to book a visit to Thirsk. Is there a good camp site recommend to stop at while there?
They let us stay onsite the previous evening when they fitted ours. Traveled up Sunday and Monday morning they dropped us off at the train station in Thirsk to go to York for the day. Back about 4 pm for the handover then drove home.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Not sure if they can help, but there is a company called A & T Services in Sudbury, Suffolk just North of Colchester, that converted vehicles from fossil fuels to LPG part of the conversion was fitting new tanks.
Might be worth giving them a ring?.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thanks for all the recommendations for Autogas 2000. I now have the camper booked in for the conversation in a couple of weeks time with the offer to park in the yard the night before. 🤞
Take doggy treats lovely shaggy dog to play with tonpass the time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back