Hymer TV locks up swhen switched on (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
We have a Hymer (Alphatronics) Smart TV in our 2022 Hymer Exsis 580 Pure Motororhome.

When switched on it shows a screen with the clourful full screen logo
Alphatronics Smart TV
then pauses and locks up with the single word
"Android".​

The remote control will do nothing. It sits like that for a minute or so and cycles back to the start again.

Is it trying to do an upgrade? I was loooking at that on the menus an hour or two before.

The model number is SL-32 DSBAI+V2

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Try pressing and holding the power button until the android logo appears. That usually starts a reboot of the system. Seems to work on my Sony TV.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Donā€™t you just love electronics, really do simplify our livesšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
LostInSpace
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Two days later and I still have a "Smart TV" which is about as useful as a Windows computer with no disc drive !

I wasn't impressed with the Hymer TV anyway. Who wants a Smart TV which doesn't do Freesat? Alsorts of other so-called "Smart" things, but no basic Freesat Television.

So, for the moment, at least, it has been replaced by a "Basic TV" from Amazon which does do Freesat with the full UK program guide. Much better.

Feb 20, 2023
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Two days later and I still have a "Smart TV" which is about as useful as a Windows computer with no disc drive !

I wasn't impressed with the Hymer TV anyway. Who wants a Smart TV which doesn't do Freesat? Alsorts of other so-called "Smart" things, but no basic Freesat Television.

So, for the moment, at least, it has been replaced by a "Basic TV" from Amazon which does do Freesat with the full UK program guide. Much better.
My front tv is a non smart alphatronics, so fitted fire stick, and manhatton sat receiver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CD8GHFF/?tag=mhf04-21
Which both work well.
The rear TV I have replaced with a cello 12v Smart wifi ., because in the Carthago the rear only has a satellite feed?

So yes like you I have a 24" alphatronics TV going up for sale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back