Hymer-Mercedes Warranty Normal? (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Firstly, if you haven’t already done so you need to register and input your vehicle details.
If you then tap on “my vehicle, then manage services you will see a list of services that can be activated. Comfort, Infotainment, Navigation, Safety and Service.
Tap on navigation and you will see the option “Navigation for Trailers and Oversized Vehicles” set this to activate.
At first mine wouldn’t activate so I contacted Mercedes on the email address noted earlier and they sent the following, so you may have to do this too.

“You will need to verify your account.

To do that follow the steps below:
  1. Open the Mme App
  2. Click on the burger menu on the top left
  3. Select your name
  4. Scroll down to find identity check
  5. Follow this process”
You can also tap on “feature highlights” to see the various options.

All a bit of a pain unfortunately it seems crazy you can’t just put the vehicle size directly into the MBUX screen in the van!

Hope this helps.
Thank you for this very clear and comprehensive explanation. Much appreciated.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Something of a strange one, well, to me it appears to be.
We got our brand new Hymer on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter from a UK dealer last September. I had a question relation to the MB vehicle breakdown cover, so I decided to call MB direct. To my surprise they said that the vehicle was not on any of their databases as being "on the road." From the VIN they knew it had been produced. The MB dealership were very helpful, but said that they needed confirmation from the dealer of when the MH was first registered with the DVLA. So, I contacted the dealer. My surprise was when I was told that they only register the MH as on the Road with Hymer and that it is/was our responsibility to register it with Mercedes-Benz. Call me old-fashioned, but when we buy a new vehicle from a dealer, I don't expect to have to run around doing their paperwork for them. Top and bottom as it stands is that, if we suffer a breakdown on this trip, MB cannot cover us as, to them, the vehicle is not on the road. Is this scenario common? Our last MH Adria/Fiat was all registered by the dealer.
Unfortunately the MoHo dealers can be incompetent or lazy I’m not sure which, when we purchased ours the dealer stated that it was Hymer who registers the vehicle sale with Fiat then they claimed it was the DVLA. This was when I was trying to sort out the extended warranty. I did visit a Fiat dealer and like yourself they could see it had been manufactured but no marker to say it had been sold which meant no warranty cover! It was finally resolved when I spoke with Fiat professional Camper. They arranged for me to speak with Adams Morey who registered the vehicle and took payment for extended warranty.

MoHo dealers need sorting out. And that includes working as a network for the brands they proport to support.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Unfortunately the MoHo dealers can be incompetent or lazy I’m not sure which, when we purchased ours the dealer stated that it was Hymer who registers the vehicle sale with Fiat then they claimed it was the DVLA. This was when I was trying to sort out the extended warranty. I did visit a Fiat dealer and like yourself they could see it had been manufactured but no marker to say it had been sold which meant no warranty cover! It was finally resolved when I spoke with Fiat professional Camper. They arranged for me to speak with Adams Morey who registered the vehicle and took payment for extended warranty.

MoHo dealers need sorting out. And that includes working as a network for the brands they proport to support.
I totally agree with your last paragraph. The leisure vehicle industry is, IMHO, barely one step up from a cottage industry. If we had gone about our business in the way many posts have detailed in this forum, we would have been nailed to the floor by our clients.

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
A bit off subject as mines a Fiat but when I was trying to arrange extended warranty Adams Morey were the only one of 3 Fiat Professional outfits who knew what I was referring to!
Needless to say they will have all my servicing or work despite being some 100 miles away.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
A bit off subject as mines a Fiat but when I was trying to arrange extended warranty Adams Morey were the only one of 3 Fiat Professional outfits who knew what I was referring to!
Needless to say they will have all my servicing or work despite being some 100 miles away.
This also endorses my post above. If a dealer does get their act together, they will, more than likely, be rewarded with repeat business. Also, as you have done here, endorsements from satisfied customers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Same here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back