Hymer Faults on 2022 Exsis-i 580 Pure (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Now that we have got (most of) the Fiat issues fixed on our 580, it is time to turn our attention to the niggling things on the Hymer side of this motorhome.

First, let me say that there is enough working on his motorhome that we are having a very enjoyable time in France.
However, it is time to fix the niggles.

So, fault numbers 1 and 2 (water):-

Fault Number 1
: The water gauges on the control panel read hopelessly low, saying that we have no water in the tank, when a visual inspection of the tank via the hatch reveals the the tank is about 30% full and still delivers plenty of water. Any ideas to rectify this.

Fault Number 2: The hot tap spits a lot of air when first used, but then settles down and after heating, the hot water can be used. I understand that this maybe a faulty non return, but where? The under floor access hatches are very small.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Water gauge sounds normal, it works using 4 different length probes once the level is below the lowest probe which is approximately at the 25% level it will show as empty.
You can get Ultrasonic/Bluetooth accurate measuring gauges but you need to access the bottom of the tank to fit, not possible in your van.

If it was the non-return valve it would happen with the cold as well. It could be a faulty vent valve on the end of the boiler at the top, it's a T piece with a one way valve the hot water is drawn off from there and there is a clear vent pipe goes out under the floor any water in this pipe indicates the valve is faulty.
Easy to replace the valve they are only about a tenner or you could take it out and soak in hot white vinegar that may clear it.

OP
OP
LostInSpace
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Water gauge sounds normal, it works using 4 different length probes once the level is below the lowest probe which is approximately at the 25% level it will show as
OK, Thanks, I will check how high the water level needs to go before the gauge reads 25%. (and 50, 75 and 100). There are many kilograms of water in the tank when the gauge says empty.

I assume the grey water gauge is the same. :frowny:

any water in this pipe indicates the valve is faulty.
Ineresting. Thank You. It will take longer to check, as it needs all the contents of the lounge area removing to get at the boiler. :cry:

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Actually the tank indicator doesn't say empty. It says less than 25%, which is a quarter of a tank.

OP
OP
LostInSpace
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
OK, Thanks, I will check how high the water level needs to go before the gauge reads 25%
From empty (visibly no water in tank), I had to pour in 45 litres (45 Kg) of water before the gauge reads 25%.

Just a few toilet flushes later, the gauge now reads 'empty' again. (no % value shown and red warning triangle lit)

Not checked the other values yet. I do not want to carry that much weight! (either me or the van)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Take the probes out and soak them in 50/50 hot white vinegar & water & give them a good scrub.
When checking levels is the van dead level? If not you won't get any accuracy.

OP
OP
LostInSpace
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Take the probes out and soak them in 50/50 hot white vinegar & water & give them a good scrub.
Once again, thank you for your help. It is appreciated.

Taking the probes out is another learning curve which I may leave until we get home from France. (and I have white vinegar)

When checking levels is the van dead level? If not you won't get any accuracy.
Dead level? No. Probably about a 3 degree list to starboard. OK front to back (although our suspension is still higher at the back)

Will look again when dead level both ways.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We are on our third van, and none of the gauges on the tanks have been anything remotely like accurate whatever the make. (Eldiss, Bessacarr and Euramobil). The current one alarmed for empty water when I had just put 40 litres (4 x 10 litre containers full) in from the winter drain down! We always carry a ten litre container for drinking from anyway, and you soon get to know each van. Never run out completely in 20 years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back