Huawei MiFi and IQ GO (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
We're just back from a month in France with exactly the same set up (Huaweii E5577 and IQ go sim) worked the day before in UK and also perfectly in France without having to mess with any settings. Have a good trip. (y)

Pete

Apr 19, 2022
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
burstner T625Harmony
Exp
We're just back from a month in France with exactly the same set up (Huaweii E5577 and IQ go sim) worked the day before in UK and also perfectly in France without having to mess with any settings. Have a good trip. (y)

Pete
The same model was already gutted when we bought our motorhome, been struggling to keep constant wifi in UK…
Bought a Three SIM card simply because in the paperwork provided it said they included a Three SIM to aid first set up.
You clearly recommend IQ Go, but if we’re not planning to travel to Europe do we need that? Thanks in advance for any advice 😊

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
The same model was already gutted when we bought our motorhome, been struggling to keep constant wifi in UK…
Bought a Three SIM card simply because in the paperwork provided it said they included a Three SIM to aid first set up.
You clearly recommend IQ Go, but if we’re not planning to travel to Europe do we need that? Thanks in advance for any advice 😊
IQ Mobile runs on the EE network so it depends if they have better coverage in the areas you are visiting. We had EE sims and in Spain and France got mostly 5g coverage this winter. We have just changed our phones to IQ and bought a data sim for mifi so will hopefully get same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Just purchased an IQ GO sim to fit into my Huawei E5577c.
It works fine in Motorhome in UK with no setup issues.
Off to Corfu next week so lets see how it performs over there when roaming.
Just done the same, except for the Corfu bit. Great coverage so far.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Just purchased an IQ Go sim for use with my TP-Link M7350 because it’s specifically designed for the holiday market including roaming in Switzerland and Norway. First impressions are extremely good, best of all, IQ seem to understand what simplicity means. No complex setup, no techie speak, no hidden pitfalls, it just works out of the box!

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
but you can only use IQ 3 times a year. What happens if you want to go 4 times a year, take another £20 subscription?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
but you can only use IQ 3 times a year. What happens if you want to go 4 times a year, take another £20 subscription?
I use IQ Go and have so far had no problems whilst in Spain and France. The limitation of only being useable 3 times a year is not one I have seen before. Can you advise your source for this statement please, I would find this most helpful.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
From IQ website…..

“ DATA COVERS UK AND EU

We do not have a "Fair use policy" when abroad which is pretty unique. If you order 100GB, you get 100GB in UK or EU at full speed. However, you can only roam within the EU for 3 months out of 12 in the year. We don't mind how you split that time up.”

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I use IQ Go and have so far had no problems whilst in Spain and France. The limitation of only being useable 3 times a year is not one I have seen before. Can you advise your source for this statement please, I would find this most helpful.
I had this reply from Frazer after I queried the 3 times a year use and that's is reply:
"It's mainly because the European usage costs more than UK usage, so we need to balance it out with UK usage as well. If you're only using us for EU only then 3 in 12 will stand firm."

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
I had this reply from Frazer after I queried the 3 times a year use and that's is reply:
"It's mainly because the European usage costs more than UK usage, so we need to balance it out with UK usage as well. If you're only using us for EU only then 3 in 12 will stand firm."

Thank you for replying. However, I think you may be slightly misunderstanding the 3 in 12 mentioned. I believe it is a cumulative total of 3 months in any 12 months. I too have queried the “Fair Use” policy and posted recently copies of my email to IQ and the detailed email I received from them. If it helps clarify the restrictions on data roaming, you may be interested to have a look at:

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Just checked the IQ Go website and see that it has been updated. It now reads:

DATA COVERS UK AND EU​

We do not have a "Fair use policy" when abroad which is pretty unique. If you order 100GB, you get 100GB in UK or EU at full speed. However, you can only roam within the EU for 3 months out of 12 in the year. We don't mind how you split that time up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back