How to remove? (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Any tips for not screwing up the replacement of this end cap? Can't really see how it will come off other than brute force. And where can I get a replacement? Nothing I can find on eBay. Pilote G650

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_173412.jpg
    IMG_20220627_173412.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220627_173417.jpg
    IMG_20220627_173417.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 48
May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
If I remember correctly that's the same bumper end cap that was on my G74O.

With the long screw removed from the top hat fixing I recall that on mine the end cap was attached to the middle section by plastic spot welds. I used a bit of hacksaw blade to carefully cut through the welds, then unclipped the bottom corner of the end cap from the side sill and gently wriggled it until it came free. If it seems stuck, look for a sikaflex type blobs of sealant along the top edge and if necessary cut through to loosen with a long bladed craft knife.

I repaired mine, along with one of the side sill sections by using JB Plastic Weld and for the missing bit you could bond in a bit of white plastic modelling sheet. It wasn't too bad a job to do and once the surface was rubbed back, filled with stopper, sprayed and buffed up, you could not see where the repair had been carried out.

If you are going to repair yourself, the paint code for the Pilote white colour is FIAT BIANCO 210/R.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
If I remember correctly that's the same bumper end cap that was on my G74O.

With the long screw removed from the top hat fixing I recall that on mine the end cap was attached to the middle section by plastic spot welds. I used a bit of hacksaw blade to carefully cut through the welds, then unclipped the bottom corner of the end cap from the side sill and gently wriggled it until it came free. If it seems stuck, look for a sikaflex type blobs of sealant along the top edge and if necessary cut through to loosen with a long bladed craft knife.

I repaired mine, along with one of the side sill sections by using JB Plastic Weld and for the missing bit you could bond in a bit of white plastic modelling sheet. It wasn't too bad a job to do and once the surface was rubbed back, filled with stopper, sprayed and buffed up, you could not see where the repair had been carried out.

If you are going to repair yourself, the paint code for the Pilote white colour is FIAT BIANCO 210/R.
Cheers, that's really helpful. Shame they make it so difficult to remove them. I'll try what you describe. Hate to think what a new one would cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
acropolis22 if you need a replacement top hat fitting (white washer and plug) drop me a PM with your address and I'll pop one in the post as I've got a few Pilote supplied ones in my spares box.
PM sent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back