LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Out of interest does any one else go wow lovely MoHo but what a price ?

More money than some people spend on their houses ?

Not knocking anyone just wondering ?
Yes we have on several occasions as they are a stupid amount of money ;) and then the next year we say "look it's gone up x thousand pounds", eventually we decided we are not getting any younger and the only way to get maximum value from our spend was to do it now(y)

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Out of interest does any one else go wow lovely MoHo but what a price ?

More money than some people spend on their houses ?

Not knocking anyone just wondering ?
Everything in life is relative, as I used to say when boating, there is always someone with a bigger boat and always someone with a smaller boat. They are still boats!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Everything in life is relative, as I used to say when boating, there is always someone with a bigger boat and always someone with a smaller boat. They are still boats!

Makes me feel “relative”ly poor ?

Seriously though it is all relative as you say ?

Think I had iAd one I’d be away most of the year as I’d be gutted if it was stationary ?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Several things about the build were IMO seriously impressive: the place was tidy, the workforce weren't rushed, it wasn't any form of production line, they've found a man who can install electrics neatly, a lot of wiring was in plugged harnesses, and the plumbing was planned.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Even before the body went on I couldn't work out how to access the engine ??
Not something I will need to worry about though :frowny:
Depending on the chassis, there is an access panel in the floor between the driver and passenger seats and then the front grill lifts on 2 cantilevered arms.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Several things about the build were IMO seriously impressive: the place was tidy, the workforce weren't rushed, it wasn't any form of production line, they've found a man who can install electrics neatly, a lot of wiring was in plugged harnesses, and the plumbing was planned.
And they have a mix of vehicles in the factory all at the same time from the smallest Home on the IVECO daily chassis to the Palace or Empire Liners on a truck chassis so they must all muck in together to get them finished as some obviously need a lot more work than other to complete and there is no overtaking down the factory line.

One advantage they have over a couple of other factories in the same area is that they are only just 10 years old as a business so everything is pretty streamlined and state of the art.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And they drop the solar panel wiring straight into the roof so there are no visible runs of ducting on the roof, likewise the air con, little things I know but they all add up.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I opted for the Loft graphics on our Palace as the black trim is only a narrow frame rather than a solid lump.
The plain black vinyl has a nasty habbit of scratching.
Trying to find out now if the glass side panel could be an option
Have you got a Morelo on order Robert?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It’s worse than that

I discovered that he’s number 1 salesman for Premium

His picture is proudly displayed on the wall at Morelo
They seem to be selling themselves quite nicely at the moment, we went in one at Dusseldorf and there was a barely audible "buy me" buy me" it could have been on the stereo though, sneaky buggers.

Martin

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
While we have got the attention of a group of the usual suspects may I float an idea?

There seems to be a group of us who have upmarket MHs or are interested in buying them and quite a lot of knowledge, Martin is a prime example. The same names seem to occur in these discussions.

That knowledge is quite widely spread over several MH forums including some Marques' Owners forums, and interspersed with a lot of other posts so not always easy to find.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how we could consolidate the knowledge and opinions in one place? I doubt that it warrants a separate forum but would one of the forums be willing to host a sub-forum?

Any comments and ideas are welcome.

Geoff

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
While we have got the attention of a group of the usual suspects may I float an idea?

There seems to be a group of us who have upmarket MHs or are interested in buying them and quite a lot of knowledge, Martin is a prime example. The same names seem to occur in these discussions.

That knowledge is quite widely spread over several MH forums including some Marques' Owners forums, and interspersed with a lot of other posts so not always easy to find.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how we could consolidate the knowledge and opinions in one place? I doubt that it warrants a separate forum but would one of the forums be willing to host a sub-forum?

Geoff
Try LinerTreff.com view in Chrome for real time translation.
Michael

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

Geoff
just ask Jim there are multiple sub forums on here with other marques as a specialty

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Geoff
Hi Geoff

As Michael suggests linerfreff is a good source of information on Liner class vans of which there are only a few in the UK so real experience is limited, indeed that is where I pinched this video from and a few other MORELO related ones that I have stored away in a safe place ;)

Martin

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Jim

Thanks for responding. I am looking for somewhere that covers all marques and to avoid bouncing around separate sub-forums for each one. Also because of limited numbers in UK maybe Michael's suggestion of the German website with Google translation is more suited.

That is not to say if I chose a marque I would not use your sub-forum.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back