How do you get quiche or frittata out of a small Remoska? (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2014, changed our MH 4 years ago
Thinking of buying the smaller Remoska which would hold a standard quiche quite snuggly on the bottom. How do you remove it without having to cut the pastry on the non-stick surface then use a spatula to remove a slice? I just watched a Youtube video of someone making a lovely looking frittata which somehow jumped out of the Remoska and was on a plate at the end of the video. They didn't show how it was removed and remained a full circular frittata. Do you have to place folded foil strips underneath so stuff can be lifted out?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I bought a rack for my remoska and I just make a frittata in a round pie plate and stand it on the rack. You can then lift is out easily using the handles on the rack.

If you want to do it directly onto the bottom on the remoska then I would think the only way would be to use folded strips of foil underneath as you've suggested but it's not something I'd even thought about! It just made sense to me to use a pie plate which fits in it on the rack!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I have a selection of plastic utensils for the Remoska. It’s possible to slide a spatula underneath such items, possibly two, one for each side. I’ve also used non stick baking parchment, if I’m concerned about removing something. It’s less likely to tear than foil.

Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
We (SMBO) uses a strip of tin foil folded a few times which she puts underneath with the ends coming up the sides. When quiche is ready she lifts out using the ends.

Attachments

• 783CE0FA-725D-4023-9A2D-59CD7076D6A8.jpeg
    783CE0FA-725D-4023-9A2D-59CD7076D6A8.jpeg
    522.6 KB · Views: 30
Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
Try the cooking liner (cookasheets) which come from Home Bargains or similar, cut to size and put in bottom of remoska, they are reusable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
A bit of olive oil wiped all over the bottom would that work?
I put a piece of homemade steak pie directly on the bottom of the Remoska yesterday with sweet potatoes, it came out a treat. No oil or anything used.

OP
OP
cb_stalbans
Jan 27, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2014, changed our MH 4 years ago
Thanks for all this information, I’ll try and source a rack for it.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Interesting question, hubby & I had a fun time extracting a frittata bearing in mind how hot the pan gets. Working as a team we managed to get it out in about 15 pieces, gave us a laugh & still tasted good 👍
I like the suggestion above by iandsm
This set is a bit useful, if still available

May be of interest to Remoska owners

The small size will, I reckon, fit the standard Remoska. Black Friday code gets 10% off and free P+P. There is also a large size.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Try the cooking liner (cookasheets) which come from Home Bargains or similar, cut to size and put in bottom of remoska, they are reusable.
I have done that too, in fact my new small remoska came with 2 supplied by Lakeland if cutting my own would do one a bit like a cake tin liner, up the sides, tend to do crustless quiches myself, and dont mind if they come out in slices rather than whole.
Base is non stick so shouldn't need oiling.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A bit of olive oil wiped all over the bottom would that work?
I put a piece of homemade steak pie directly on the bottom of the Remoska yesterday with sweet potatoes, it came out a treat. No oil or anything used.
Discussing removing a quiche which covers the bottom completely so no way to get anything under to lift out.
Problem is lifting out not preventing sticking

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
We (SMBO) uses a strip of tin foil folded a few times which she puts underneath with the ends coming up the sides. When quiche is ready she lifts out using the ends.
I had the same issue getting my hab battery out of its closely fitting box/housing until I put it back with a couple of lifting straps underneath it.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tin Foil Method for me, just lift foil up & out when ready, I can even do this on my own!:giggle:
As I have mentioned many times before, I also find that I have to use a tin foil cartouche lid on cooking most things, especially Pastry items, roast chicken etc, to stop the food getting burnt/charred from the exceptionally unregulated hot cooking lid as its so close to the item you want to cook.
I use ours most days, only need the kitchen top oven grill, now and again for toasting mainly.
LES

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If it oiled enough it will slide out easily
You don't understand.
The food isn't sticking, it covers the whole of the bottom of the ramoska pan preventing getting fingers or anything else underneath to lift it out.
It could just be tipped out but would most likely fall apart as it landed on a work surface and it would be upside down.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You don't understand.
The food isn't sticking, it covers the whole of the bottom of the ramoska pan preventing getting fingers or anything else underneath to lift it out.
It could just be tipped out but would most likely fall apart as it landed on a work surface and it would be upside down.
A plastic spatula eased underneath Will sort it out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back