How do I add photos? (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Could some kind soul tell this technophobe how to add photos to posts. I've done it before but now the old grey matter has gone and lost the instructions. I've tried clicking on the 'attach file ' button at the bottom of the post page but all it does it turn blue momentarily whilst I am pressing it and then nothing. I've tried copying my photos to clipboard and then trying to paste into the post but still no joy. For info am using Samsung S23+ mobile and app permissions is set to yes for photos.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i hope this helps..
love your cactus flowers avatar by the way, very pretty..

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
i hope this helps..
love your cactus flowers avatar by the way, very pretty..

Thanks. The cactus is from south west America, Nevada, California, North Mexico, that sort of region (Echinocereus Rigidissimus Rubispinus). It has a fantastic pink hue. Finally flowered after four years. Now it produces more and more flowers every year. Generally speaking (and I'm not an expert on Cacti) if it's flowering it's happy. Thanks for the photo info.

OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Still trying l. LandyAndy kindly sent instructions but for transferring pics from pc. I'm trying to do it from my mobile using the app. Still no luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
in Reply box click on icon on top bar that depicts photo (one after link) and then click on box that comes up which will then ask you to choose place photos saved then click on actual photo
IMG_4882.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Still trying l. LandyAndy kindly sent instructions but for transferring pics from pc. I'm trying to do it from my mobile using the app. Still no luck.
I reply as you have above. Then press the “attach files” button box, which is just at the bottom left as you type
This then offers me “photo library, take photo vid, or choose file”.
I select “photo library”. This opens the photo album on my phone
You then select the pic you want. It gets a tick on the pic, then press add which appears on top right of box. It then appears at the base of reply, and has “insert” on top left of pic. Press that to select how big you want it. Then post reply as per normal.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
That's the issue. When I press the attach files button nothing happens

then thats weird..unless......
are you using your phone in portrait or landscape mode?

maybe the box to select isnt visible to you ( but actually there) because its below the view you have on your phone, unless you scroll down a bit..
hope that makes sense..
of course that might not be the problem, but can't see why else it doesn't work for you..
whichever way you are using your phone, try the other way..

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
p.s. i use my phone in portrait, then i get the box to select where photos are to come from..

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
On phone its not attach files for photos it’s the symbol denoting photo on top bar then click on box to access photo library

IMG_4882.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Ok. So the 'Attach Files' files tab (which I can see) doesn't work for photos. It doesn't work for anything for me. It just turns blue when I touch it but nothing hapens. However, I have tried touching the picture symbol at the top of the thread box (right of the little chain type image) and that opens a 'Drop Image' box with two symbols. The box doesn't allow me to do anything (tried copying and pasting to no avail) and the two symbols don't do anything for me. Even tried copying and pasting photo url from both my gallery and flikr but nothing is working. Strangely, managed to post photos in early days of being on here (same phone) back in 2022/3.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Using the MHF app, I use the Attach Files button (with the paperclip logo) to attach photos, this opens a dialogue panel from which I chose "media picker" from which I can choose and select either single or multiple photos from my phone's (Android Pixel phone) photo gallery. I can then display the selected photos in my post as either full sized images or thumbnails. (I choose full-sized).

A couple of questions -

You are trying to upload photos from your phones own photo gallery (that you have taken on your phone), not from an external website or other source?

The photo is in a standard format, e.g. JPEG? From memory Raw photo files such as DNG will not upload and display.

OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Using the MHF app, I use the Attach Files button (with the paperclip logo) to attach photos, this opens a dialogue panel from which I chose "media picker" from which I can choose and select either single or multiple photos from my phone's (Android Pixel phone) photo gallery. I can then display the selected photos in my post as either full sized images or thumbnails. (I choose full-sized).

A couple of questions -

You are trying to upload photos from your phones own photo gallery (that you have taken on your phone), not from an external website or other source?

The photo is in a standard format, e.g. JPEG? From memory Raw photo files such as DNG will not upload and display.
Yes, photos taken from my phone, stored on my phone in jpeg format. It's all very weird.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Yes, photos taken from my phone, stored on my phone in jpeg format. It's all very weird.
Strange indeed. Clutching at straws - try completely powering off your phone and booting it up again. Sometimes sorts out system glitches.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Just a thought have you checked in settings of your phone that you have sharing photos enabled, sometimes when phones have updates it changes settings without you knowing.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Just a thought have you checked in settings of your phone that you have sharing photos enabled, sometimes when phones have updates it changes settings without you knowing.
That's a good call. Interestingly the MHF App is not listed in my permissions to access my photos, but as it is a Web app with Chrome acting as the engine, I presume that as long as Chrome has permission to access my photos then everything works as it should.

Probably worth checking your permissions andyelbac

Screenshot_20240220-110911.png

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
You said you are using the app.

Have you tried just using the browser on your phone?

OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
That's a good call. Interestingly the MHF App is not listed in my permissions to access my photos, but as it is a Web app with Chrome acting as the engine, I presume that as long as Chrome has permission to access my photos then everything works as it should.

Probably worth checking your permissions andyelbac

View attachment 867100
Yep. Permissions all on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back