How bloody much🤯 (1 Viewer)

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Broke the lugs of my Burstner diesel fuel cap ,just had a price for the replacement £82!!! And that’s without the barrel or keys!
Anyone know of a generic replacement that will fit?

Oh it will also take six weeks to arrive☹️

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Broke the lugs of my Burstner diesel fuel cap ,just had a price for the replacement £82!!! And that’s without the barrel or keys!
Anyone know of a generic replacement that will fit?

Oh it will also take six weeks to arrive☹️
Probably cheaper to buy in Europe, I had a quote for a Hymer trim part of £57 £50 was import and post costs £7 for the trim part. So the dealer is kindly waiting until they have a big order to spread the shipping costs.

I think the import duty is known as a B benefit

OP
OP
AlunandFelicie

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I don't know if it's any help but take a look here...https://www.petrolcaps.co.uk/motorhomes/
Have contacted them ,thanks for the heads up ,hopefully hear from them tomorrow 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Probably cheaper to buy in Europe, I had a quote for a Hymer trim part of £57 £50 was import and post costs £7 for the trim part. So the dealer is kindly waiting until they have a big order to spread the shipping costs.

I think the import duty is known as a B benefit
There is no import duty on goods under £135

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'm surprised that Burstner or anyone else would have their own diesel filler cap? I would have thought they just used the base model vehicle tank the motorhome was built on!!

OP
OP
AlunandFelicie

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I'm surprised that Burstner or anyone else would have their own diesel filler cap? I would have thought they just used the base model vehicle tank the motorhome was built on!!
You’d think wouldn’t you but sadly no☹️

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Any good... apart from having the lettering on them i think many are the same.
Also check as some are the same as a water one just in black.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
One would have thought so our Hymer has the Fiat filler cap can’t imagine why a different filler cap would be used as the filler pipes are normally the same diameter

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
When my Hymer headlight shattered Hymer UK wanted £1600 plus VAT plus fitting. I ordered it from Campirama in Belgium, €650 including delivery. I had it shipped to a French address and picked it up when I went over. The £1000 plus more than paid for the holiday, it took about half an hour to fit.

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
One would have thought so our Hymer has the Fiat filler cap can’t imagine why a different filler cap would be used as the filler pipes are normally the same diameter
I agree. The Burstner Lyseo Time motorhome looks to be built around and behind a pretty standard Fiat cab. Is the difference highlighted something to do with the key set for the motorhome? Other than this, I cannot think of a reason why the cap would be in any way non-standard Fiat.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I agree. The Burstner Lyseo Time motorhome looks to be built around and behind a pretty standard Fiat cab. Is the difference highlighted something to do with the key set for the motorhome? Other than this, I cannot think of a reason why the cap would be in any way non-standard Fiat.
Doesn't come with any lock or key.

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Shove an oily rag into the hole.

What could possibly go wrong? :unsure:
You must attach a strong cord to the oily rag to ensure that you can retrieve it when it slips down the filler neck on our pot-holed roads. You can also supplement the oily rag with a Tesco sandwich bag and an elastic band to prevent moisture ingress into your diesel tank. ;)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There is no import duty on goods under £135
no,but most shipping companies have a minimum handling charge . DHL have 2 lots as anything coming out of Germany ,even to eu; gets held up due to anything over 1000€ requiring customs declaration. So even if every item on the whole truck bar one is under 135 the whole lot gets stuck for 2 days clearing german customs. & they make a charge to everyone.
Not true on goods under £130 the supplier has to pay the duty and to do this they have to pay HMRC £1000 to register. That is why a lot of suppliers no longer ship to the UK.
or charge a minimum = to 1000€ duty

OP
OP
AlunandFelicie

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Shove an oily rag into the hole.

What could possibly go wrong? :unsure:
You must attach a strong cord to the oily rag to ensure that you can retrieve it when it slips down the filler neck on our pot-holed roads. You can also supplement the oily rag with a Tesco sandwich bag and an elastic band to prevent moisture ingress into your diesel tank. ;)
Great ,problem solved👍🤪🤪

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
From the Gov.Uk website

Type and value of goodsCustoms Duty
Non-excise goods worth £135 or lessNo charge
Gifts and goods above £135The rate depends on the type of goods and where they came from - use the Trade Tariff service to check duty rates

OP
OP
AlunandFelicie

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
At that price, I'd use a bath plug.
It’s like ,think of a number ,double it ,add £20 plus postage ,that’ll do 🤯 ,I suppose a captive market is a wonderful thing for a company ☹️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back