Housing Market Bungalow Sale: Price Drop or Wait? (5 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Do they use gold nuggets instead of bricks 😂😂 joking aside how does a normal working person afford that, I can’t even imagine what the repayments would be on that.
I don’t know how they afford houses, a 3 bed started home is over £400k😳😳 I suppose a lot get help from bank of Mum & Dad same as my 2 will get/got as if not they will be living in rented.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Your house is lovely but for that money up here I’d be expecting minimum of 4 bedrooms, I hope it sells as I’m sure where you are it’s worth the money. The housing market really has gone crazy, I thought houses here in Dumfries were going crazy. A brand new 4 bed detached with double garage are coming in around £300k and I thought that was expensive. We just downsized to a two bed bungalow in a lovely small estate and it was around half yours.

Good luck
Here in Cheltenham they just released some nice 2 bedroom apartments , good specification finish , prices from 650.000 🤷🏻‍♂️😱, it’s called the Exchange ( on parabola road )

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don’t know how they afford houses, a 3 bed started home is over £400k😳😳 I suppose a lot get help from bank of Mum & Dad same as my 2 will get/got as if not they will be living in rented.
None of it is cheap, 3 bed semi adjacent to my daughter just purchased for 600k plus. It was put straight on the rental market by the new owners; it took just a week to be rented at £2400 each month. That's a big chunk of monthly outlay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Thats very good of you, I gave the offer a little thought and decided that I would open It up to all, you never know I might just get the golden nugget of advice that I may be missing.

Just a bit of info' first.
I am buying the other bungalow (down sizing) with vacant possession on completion (empty now) for the location and price.

I have had three properties rented out for 18 years (pension) all sold 2021.
Bought and sold at auction several times over the years for ourselves and to flip them.

I am ok holding on to ours for a while but the wino's musings are spot on:
"Not quite because that assumes that reducing it by 9k now would result in an immediate sale. The question is how much would a reduction need to be to hasten a sale and what would it reduce the selling time by"
Anyone got the mathematical equation for this :giggle:

If all else fails I can always put it in the auction, estimate from them is £325.000 I would be disappointed at that but It Is a safety net if needed.

Link to particulars

Please be gentle with us as we do love what we have created here and would stay if circumstances were different.

Again thanks' for the posts, very interesting so far.
A great idea

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Thursday night Decided to sell a 2 bed semi (ex council) we are living in while building a new house , spent 4 hrs cleaning & taking pictures, put it on Facebook marketplace (free) , fixed price , sold in 1.5 hrs
Guy hasn't viewed it yet 😊 , in saying that I bought it without viewing it 🥺

OP
OP
W
Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Your house is lovely but for that money up here I’d be expecting minimum of 4 bedrooms, I hope it sells as I’m sure where you are it’s worth the money. The housing market really has gone crazy, I thought houses here in Dumfries were going crazy. A brand new 4 bed detached with double garage are coming in around £300k and I thought that was expensive. We just downsized to a two bed bungalow in a lovely small estate and it was around half yours.

Good luck
We are staying local but we're looking to move to Devon near my sons place. We looked at Bideford and Barnstaple but the prices are eye watering for anything descent, also the cost of living seems higher.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back