Help with motorhome security camera (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Wired might be an option as can run cable through mirror loom OldAgeTravellers what ones did you find?
Rjcamper Hi these are excellent, I am using two, one for watching in front when in tight spaces and one for the rear and cheap as chips so I was going to use another for viewing the waste outet to make it easier to position exactly. The problem for using them for side viewing is they have grid lines for reversing in the image and I havenā€™t found how or if they can be removed. They also need a separate monitor as they use a composite video feed, if you have a reversing camera and monitor like say the Waco then you could perhaps incorporate a switching system to chose which camera to view if you can live with the grid lines. No data required at all.

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
Update

Bought a cheap outdoor spy (it's not that small, easily spotted šŸ˜‚) WiFi camera from Temu, has a magnetic back plate, was about Ā£6.

Old android phone with no sim, installed camera app and removed all WiFi setting, accounts etc. So it can't use mobile data or other WiFi.

Connected to camera WiFi setting and worked really well.

Haven't tested night mode or attached to MoHo, but think it will work for what I need

You can also install multi cameras (I think) and have a multi view in the app and used a micro memory card if you wanted to record

Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
detleffs
Ok, lots of Google and searching on here and can't find an answer.

I want to be able to view externally the hab door at night, thought was to get a small Bluetooth camera and fit to wing mirror, but all I can find is cameras that only appear to work on WiFi???

As this is only when I am in the van I don't want to waste data.

Was thinking to pair with phone, but a small monitor is an option

Help or thoughts appreciated
Is Data use on most cameras not minimal as it is only used when you access the device and view? We use a Ring device inside the vehicle when we are away from it and only view if we get an alarm or want to check and the data used is insubstantial in comparison to TV use. Not a direct solution as it would be too bulky for what you want but I would have thought data use would be minimal.

Aug 22, 2023
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Vogue 694
Ok, lots of Google and searching on here and can't find an answer.

I want to be able to view externally the hab door at night, thought was to get a small Bluetooth camera and fit to wing mirror, but all I can find is cameras that only appear to work on WiFi???

As this is only when I am in the van I don't want to waste data.

Was thinking to pair with phone, but a small monitor is an option

Help or thoughts appreciated
Hi
I have a Swift 694.
When I park up I have 2 wired truck reversing cameras with a 7 inch screen inside from Ebay Ā£42.99. The cameras are only outside when I park up secured to two heavy duty suction clamps with cable ties. I usually put them near the roof above the passenger and drivers side door. You can then adjust them how you want. The wires can go out through the roof vent or the door.
Hope this helps. C

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
My aim was something small, easy, quick to remove \ store, wireless ,totalling standalone ( not on my phone) and zero data.

Fixed type screens wouldn't have work as well as tablet \ android phone for what I wanted to achieve on this MoHo.

But lots of great ideas for our next and final MoHo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2012
Bangor, Northern Ireland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic CLine
Exp
Since 2010
If you get it set up and actually see someone outside at the door, what do you do next? I would have thought that opening the blind is likely to scare most people off and that's what you actually want, so do that first.

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
If you get it set up and actually see someone outside at the door, what do you do next? I would have thought that opening the blind is likely to scare most people off and that's what you actually want, so do that first.
Agree, as per previous posts, something to try for SWMBO, not sure myself, hence keeping it cheap šŸ˜‰

Apr 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
I have one of these and if I want to monitor the outside of the van when parked up I slide this into the edge channel of the awning rail with a couple of tiny nuts and bolts. Connects wirelessly to phone and no data used if you record to SD card (instead of cloud). It has a very wide field of view and very acceptable quality even at night, fantastic battery life and also has built in floodlight and alarm if you want to use those functions. I've also used it as a remote trail cam connected through a wireless router.
DIHOOM 2K Wireless Security Camera Outdoor, Rechargeable Battery Operated CCTV Camera, 3MP WiFi Camera with Night Vision, PIR Human & Motion Detection, 2 Way Talk, SD Card Loop Recording&Cloud Storage https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BGL77HY6/?tag=mhf04-21

Jun 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Not with the blinds drawn šŸ˜‰

It's mainly for SWMBO. When we are parked up in a P4N or similar, we we can see the hab door at night without opening the blinds
May not answer your question, but what can do during Sleep Time or do you stay awake all night watching your Habā€™ door?

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
May not answer your question, but what can do during Sleep Time or do you stay awake all night watching your Habā€™ door?
I think it will go along the lines of....... 'whats that noise.....' and me snoring with SWMBO checking the camera ;)

It's going to be a trial, think it will fizzle out quite quickly

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I think it will go along the lines of....... 'whats that noise.....' and me snoring with SWMBO checking the camera ;)

It's going to be a trial, think it will fizzle out quite quickly
Getting a dog thats an alert breed may be more useful.
Our dog knows if someone is outside the van and wakes us up well before any alarm goes off.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Not sure if this is of any use but seen a few youtubers use the wifi door bells for camera use, they were just stuck to the outside of the vehicle both at the rear and habitation door using the normal VHB tape which if using the lock type one can be easily be removed before travelling if needed (they left them on when travelling with no issues). No subscription to pay for just use a phone app to access when needed. The one on the rear they just taped over the doorbell part to stop people pressing it but not really required.
Blink was the one i saw which are not badly priced and you don't need the subscription for basic use but you do need their sync module for the first one, others are available which i sure will do exactly the same.
Was thinking of getting one myself for night time use as the 360 camera system i have which i purchased mainly for this type of use is useless at night time as there is no infra red on the camera's and even using the light above the hab door does not help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back