Heki roof light (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Hi all, before I go breaking plastic parts I need help.

My electric roof light does not move. I've done the simple thing and pulled the switch, it has 12v going to it, if I short out across terminals nothing. I guess that either the control board or motor is dead. So how do I get to them, does the whole surround come down or are there fixings behind the air vents?
Any pointers or diagrams would be appreciated. I've found a manual lever diagram which did not help.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Cannot help with powered one but my 3 winder style are the whole surround comes down as one piece, 800 mm one the handle is retained by visible screw but 400s are just a square drive that fits when pushed home. Get a picture of surround so people can see exact make.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Some not very good photos
Heki skylight.jpg
Heki switch.jpg
Manual control access.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
OK some progress -
I have a Remis Remistar - parts no longer available!
I played with the switch and got it to rise, not far in case it would not go down.
And yep it would not go down, much muttering, huffing and puffing and it burst into life closed and locked.
Won't open again. Blood run out of arms so gave up
Will try a 5mm star drive in the emergency hole and release the motor lock if I can get to it tomorrow.

Would be a shame to replace with a modern skylight as the dome part is in good condition for a 17 year old.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000

Might be of use

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Thanks one and all, all up and working again.

I removed the mesh to expose a button that would not be pressed. Last try before tea break and it depressed with some clicks. Turn leccy on and try switch up and down it goes and locks in the closed position. Not sure if it is fixed forever but it is an easy temp fix if needed. Sprayed with silicon and now goes in easy and springs out - was that the problem who knows?
On removing the mesh revealed the fixing screws so replacement looks like an easy job if required in the future.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Still working guess that makes me the Remis Remistar expert?

Thinking back it was closed on a stiff windy day, perhaps that had something to do with it?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back