He is Demanding, Destructive and has moved in. (2 Viewers)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I had forgotten how something this small can cause so much demand and devastation.
He is on his first short motorhome trip as it was arranged prior to his arrival.
He is a Thug and very amusing.
Oh his name is Rollo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220622_121013.jpg
    IMG_20220622_121013.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20220624_170406.jpg
    IMG_20220624_170406.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20220623_112446.jpg
    IMG_20220623_112446.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 241

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It's when you realise how much you and your old mate were tuned to each other.
Yesā€¦.. the hyperactive world champion sandwich thief used to be a pain, even when we adopted him but matured into a loveable oaf, even at the expense of numerous breakfasts and lunchesā€¦
CF639938-5640-45FC-AD50-6500C787913C.jpeg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Whatever breed of dog they told you " He/She " has the look of a " Pure bred Varmint "..... The name Treble Six... springs to mind for it. ENJOY THE LOVE and trouble. :rolleyes: Had 5 dogs ,one a Lady? dog. Two of the male puppies VARMINTS !!.. had had a fortnights intensive training at a Special Forces unit. Smoky Joe ( Jet black Alsation ) and Wilfy the WOLF....(.Border Collie ? ) I envy you,being able to take on a young puppy.....BEST OF LUCK and lots of" Walkies " ...... GET 'em ROLLO !!!
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
In relation to the OPā€™s comment there is a cocker poo puppy taken for walks in our local wood. It is utterly charming, cute etcā€¦. and full of boundless energy, and it LOVES peopleā€¦. all people, including my wife who is not at all happy to have a puppy, albeit on a lead, trying to climb all over her. I love it and happily engage whenever I get the opportunity. The owner is a young woman who is always apologising to other walkers in the wood. She keeps it on a short lead but it still lunges at everybody.
my question is: Should she do what I want and keep training to a minimum, not destroying the exuberance; or should she quickly get it under control with strict (harsh) training?

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
In relation to the OPā€™s comment there is a cocker poo puppy taken for walks in our local wood. It is utterly charming, cute etcā€¦. and full of boundless energy, and it LOVES peopleā€¦. all people, including my wife who is not at all happy to have a puppy, albeit on a lead, trying to climb all over her. I love it and happily engage whenever I get the opportunity. The owner is a young woman who is always apologising to other walkers in the wood. She keeps it on a short lead but it still lunges at everybody.
my question is: Should she do what I want and keep training to a minimum, not destroying the exuberance; or should she quickly get it under control with strict (harsh) training?
If only people would train their puppies when they got them at 8/10 weeks they wouldn't have the problems. Recall at that age is easy. The pup is worried to be far away from you and you are his safe place. Add a titbit when he comes and bingo. Walk him off lead and he will quickly come. He will be a sponge and lap up " training" at that age. Keeping a dog like a cockerpoo constantly on a lead will result in that exuberance,it needs to run and run not be convinced- in my opinion:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Don't believe in harsh control, but control is very necessary.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Should she do what I want and keep training to a minimum, not destroying the exuberance; or should she quickly get it under control with strict (harsh) training
I think calm persuasive training is the way forward a few treats for being calm and sitting down before meeting someone and a treat if they do as askedšŸ˜Š

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Gorgeous :h: you have my sympathy ::bigsmile:
We've got a Roly, 4 Yr old cocker still nutty as a fruitcake. Adores people and just can't contain her excitement. Zero to 100 in about 2 secs šŸ¤£

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back